Eggplant Parmesan (or Eggplant Parm) is a tasty, vegetarian dish, that can be made in a simple or complex manner. You could make your own red sauce, peel the eggplant, cut it length wise, pan fry the eggplant on the stove top in batches, shred your own cheese. Or you can do it the simple way, with minimal fuss and ingredients. Since this is “Cooking Secrets for Men”, we’ll focus on the simple method for Eggplant Parmesan.
- 2 regular sized eggplants, sliced into ½ to ¾ inch rounds.
- Trim off each end. (No need to peel the eggplant skin. When cooked, it is very tender.)
- One 28 oz jar store bought red spaghetti sauce.
- various spices for the sauce – Garlic, onion, basil, Italian Spices, etc
- 1/2 cup red wine
- pinch of sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten, in a large bowl for dredging
- 4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs, also in a large bowl for dredging
- One 16 oz package shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Fresh Basil for garnish after cooking the Eggplant Parmesan (optional)
Directions for Eggplant Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Empty jar of red sauce into a sauce pan.
- Season with Italian herbs, red wine, pinch of sugar and simmer while preparing the eggplant
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs.
- Place in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes 5 minutes on each side.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom.
- Place a layer of baked eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Any extra sauce can be put on top.
- Sprinkle dried basil on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Cheese can burn easily, so check after 25 minutes or so.
- Garnish the Eggplant Parmesan with fresh basil and serve. (Optional)
Cooking Secrets for Men
(Free) Just released – e-Cookbook Vol 3 – Appetizers now available for free download. e-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for download. E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available on the same download page. Also free! The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 4 – Pasta!
If you like this Easy Eggplant Parmesan video, try our recipe for Jambalaya. Or if you are in the mood for Italian, try my Dad’s Italian Meatball Recipe
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. And at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org