Grilled Pizza is a wonderful way to enjoy outdoor cooking and pizza at the same time.
You can see the video here (Grilled Pizza on YouTube) and the recipe is listed below.
How to Grill a Pizza
Grilled Pizza Bianco with Shaved Asparagus and Arugula – If you have never grilled pizza dough before, you may think it would just sag and drip all over the grill when starting to cook it. The opposite is true. As soon as the dough hits the hot grill, it begins to puff up slightly and gets some beautiful grill char marks on it. Flip it over and grill the other side, with the same result.
- 8 oz ball prepared pizza dough
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 6 asparagus trimmed and thinly shaved
- Small bunch of baby arugula leaves
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Heat grill to high. (Make sure your grill is clean)
- Stretch and shape the ball of dough into a rough rectangle or circle
- Place dough on a pizza peel or metal pan
- Brush with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Transfer dough to grill, olive oil side down. It will puff up quickly.
- Grill until nicely charred, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip the dough, and grill another 1 to 2 minutes
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle salt & pepper
- Take pizza off the grill and transfer to a baking sheet that will fit on the grill, with the cover closed.
- Spread the Mascarpone & Ricotta cheese mixture over the pizza
- Return the pizza on the baking sheet to the grill, cover and let warm a few minutes to melt cheese.
- Add the parmesan on top of the the other cheeses
- Transfer the pizza to a cutting board.
- Put the shaved asparagus on top & top w arugula
- Season with salt and pepper.
Cooking Secrets for Men
(Free) Just released – e-Cookbook Vol 3 – Appetizers now available for free download. e-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for download. E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available on the same download page. Also free! The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 4 – Pasta!
We had a Grilling Party and we grilled a pizza as an appetizer. Here are the results.
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to publish it and give you the credit. Just go to this link “Submit your own recipes” or at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. Contact me if you are interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration. We love to recreate recipes!!
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com