Grilled Pizza is a wonderful way to enjoy outdoor cooking and pizza at the same time.
You can see the video here (Grilled Pizza on YouTube) and the recipe is listed below.
Grilled Pizza Bianco with Shaved Asparagus and Arugula – If you have never grilled pizza dough before, you may think it would just sag and drip all over the grill when starting to cook it. The opposite is true. As soon as the dough hits the hot grill, it begins to puff up slightly, and gets some beautiful grill char marks on it. Flip it over and grill the other side, with the same result.
- 1 (8-ounce) ball prepared pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil,
- Salt and black pepper
- Mixture of ½ cup mascarpone and 1/3 cup ricotta.
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan
- 6 large spears fresh asparagus, trimmed and thinly shaved
- Small bunch of baby arugula leaves
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste (optional)
- Heat grill to high. (Make sure your grill is clean)
- Stretch and shape the ball of dough into a rough rectangle or circle,
- Place dough on a pizza peel or some sort of metal pan
- Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer dough to grill, olive oil side down
- Grill until nicely charred, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the dough, and grill another 1 to 2 minutes on the other side. Brush with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Take off the grill and transfer to a baking sheet that will fit on the grill, with the cover closed. (The grill will now act like an oven, to melt the cheese, but not cook the dough any further.)
- Spread the cheese mixture over the pizza
- Return the pizza on the baking sheet to the grill, cover and let warm a few minutes just to melt the cheese.
- Add the parmesan on top of the cheese, while still on the baking sheet
- Transfer the pizza to a cutting board.
- Scatter the shaved asparagus on top of the cheese & top with arugula
- Season with salt and pepper.
Cooking Secrets for Men
We had a Grilling Party and we grilled a pizza as an appetizer. Here are the results.
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to publish it and give you the credit. Just go to this link “Submit your own recipes” or at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. Contact me if you are interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration.
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org