The 2nd appetizer from our Grilling Dinner Party – Grilled Pizza.
If you have never grilled pizza dough before, you may think it would just sag and drip all over the grill when starting to cook it. The opposite is true. As soon as the dough hits the hot grill, it begins to puff up slightly, and gets some beautiful grill char marks on it. Flip it over and grill the other side, with the same result.
- 1 (8-ounce) ball prepared pizza dough (from a pizzeria or frozen from an Italian market)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil,
- Extra Olive Oil for drizzling at the end
- Salt and black pepper
- Mixture of ½ cup mascarpone and 1/3 cup ricotta.
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan
- 6 large spears fresh asparagus, trimmed and thinly shaved with a vegetable peeler
- Small bunch of baby arugula leaves
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish, roughly chopped or torn
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon zest
- Heat grill to high.
- Stretch and shape the ball of dough into a rough rectangle or circle, about 10-12 inches.
- Place dough on a pizza peel or some sort of metal pan
- Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer dough to grill, olive oil side down
- Grill until nicely charred, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the dough, and grill another 1 to 2 minutes on the other side. Brush with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Take off the grill and transfer to a baking sheet that will fit on the grill, with the cover closed. (The grill will now act like an oven, to melt the cheese, but not cook the dough any further.)
- Spread the cheese mixture over the pizza
- Return the pizza on the baking sheet to the grill, cover and let warm a few minutes just to melt the cheese.
- Add the shaved Parmesan on top of the melting cheese, while still on the baking sheet
- Transfer the pizza to a cutting board.
- Scatter the shaved asparagus on top of the cheese.
- Top with arugula
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter the lemon zest over the top, then the basil leaves and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cut into appetizer size pieces and serve warm.
Please “like” our YouTube Videos and follow us on our YouTube Channel. Cooking Secrets For Men is also on other Social Media sites Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
In this video we show you how to grill a pizza.
2 thoughts on “Grilled Pizza with Asparagus and Arugula”
Grilled Pizza is a great meal