Our Outdoor Grilling Dinner Party rolled into the main course. We had a simple green salad, along with an Orzo Salad with vegetables, Chic peas, Feta cheese, olives, basil, mint and other assorted accompaniments. But the star of the meal was the Grilled Halibut in a Brown Butter-Citrus sauce
- Four 6-ounce halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Juice and 1 teaspoon zest from 1 orange, plus zest for garnish
- Juice and 1 teaspoon zest from 1 lemon, plus zest for garnish
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, plus sprigs for garnish
- Heat the grill to med-high.
- Brush the halibut fillets on both sides with the canola oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to grill
- While the grill heats, start the Brown Butter-Citrus sauce. Combine 2 tablespoons of the butter and the shallot in a skillet over medium heat. Unless you have a burner on the grill, you may have to do this in the kitchen.
- Cook shallots, stirring, until they soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter and cook, swirling the pan, until the butter is nut brown. The shallots may also caramelize and become brown while the butter cooks.
- Add the orange and lemon juice
- Add ½ of the orange & lemon zest, as well as the thyme, black pepper and salt to taste.
- Bring the skillet with the sauce to the grill, and start grilling the Halibut.
- Grill the Halibut covered, until golden brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook, covered, until the fish are firm and just cooked through, another 2 minutes.
- Transfer fish to a warm platter.
- Drizzle the brown butter over the fish.
- Sprinkle the remaining orange and lemon zest and place thyme sprigs over the top of each filet.
- Serve right away.
Please “like” our YouTube Videos and follow us on our YouTube Channel. Cooking Secrets For Men is also on other Social Media sites Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.