For you carnivores out there, it goes amazingly well with a Cuban Pork Tenderloin or similar main dish.
Do dry beans need to be soaked for Instant Pot?
Unlike cooking beans on the stove, cooking beans in the Instant Pot does not need soaking. All you have to do is rinse the beans and then add them to the Instant Pot with your cooking liquid. Then start pressure cooking.
- Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker
- 1- lb bag dried black beans
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers multi colored if possible, because it makes a better presentation
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 dried Chili’s such as Chili de Arbol or similar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté. Let it heat for 2 minutes.
- Add olive oil,
- Add onion, peppers, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, and coriander.
- Stirring often, cook until aromatics are slightly tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add bay leaves, stock, and black beans.
- Stir to combine
- Cover Instant Pot, and fasten lid.
- Lock and seal steam valve.
- Set to HIGH pressure for 37 minutes. (The pot will take about 15 minutes to come up to pressure before the cooking program begins.)
- When the cook time has ended, allow Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for 20 minutes.
- Turn off Instant Pot and remove the top
- Remove the bay leaves and Chili de Arbol and discard
- Spoon black beans and cooking liquid into bowls
- Top with cherry tomatoes and cilantro
- Serve over rice.
Cooking Secrets for Men
“Cooking Secrets for Men” has recently been listed as one of the Top 30 Men’s Cooking Websites and Blogs on the Internet. You can read that article here and see where we rank for Men’s Cooking Websites.
(Free) Just released – E-Cookbook Vol 3 – Appetizers now available for free download at this link
E-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page. The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 4 – Pasta!, which will be written in English and Italian.
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. And at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.