Don’t be afraid to prepare raw fish. Go to a store that carries sushi-grade tuna and work quickly when you are cutting the fish. This recipe is easy and tasty. The Asian flavors of ginger, soy, jalapeno and lime juice accentuate the clean, silky taste of the tuna, and topping with sesame seeds gives a nice crunch and a little texture.
- 1 lb. sushi-grade tuna
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeño chili, finely minced
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. Asian sesame oil
- Juice of ½ of a fresh lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion or chives
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cut the tuna into 1/4-inch cubes and place in a bowl.
- Add the ginger, jalapeño, soy sauce, lime juice, and sesame oil and stir gently to combine.
- Top with the chives or green onions
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top
- Serve with crackers
- You can refrigerate before serving, giving the flavors a chance to meld.
- Equally fine to serve right after preparation. Just like sushi.
Visit and “like” our YouTube Videos on our YouTube Channel