This Grilled Eggplant Dip recipe (which I borrowed from Bobby Flay) is a fun, summer appetizer. Instead of roasting an eggplant in the oven, grill it to get a smoky taste. Then serve the Grilled Eggplant Dip with pita bread to start a summertime dinner party.
In some ways, this is a grilled version of baba ganoush.
- Blender or Food Processor
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 large eggplant unpeeled ends trimmed, then sliced lengthwise 1-inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 pita breads cut for dipping
- Heat a grill to medium.
- Brush the red pepper with some of the canola oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the eggplant slices on both sides with more of the canola oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Blister the red pepper, turning occasionally, until charred all over and tender, about 15 minutes.
- Grill the eggplant until charred on the first side, about 3-4 minutes. Turn and continue grilling until tender, another 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer red pepper to a bowl, then cover tightly with plastic wrap, and let steam while you make the eggplant dip.
- Remove the skin from the eggplant and put in a food processor.
- Add the chopped garlic, tahini, yogurt, lemon zest, oregano and smoked paprika to the food processor. Pulse until smooth and thick.
- Transfer eggplant mixture to a serving bowl and let sit for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Add Salt & pepper to taste.
- Peel, seed and dice the red pepper. (skin should come off easily)
- Top Dip with the diced peppers and the chopped parsley.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over the dip.
- Serve Grilled Eggplant Dip with warm pita.
Grilled Baba Ghanoush
This is a little more elaborate. Don’t use the oil and red pepper. While the eggplant is grilling, toast 1/2 cup pine nuts in a skillet over medium heat until they begin to brown. When the eggplant is cool, put it in a food processor with the pine nuts, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, and 1 ⁄ 3 cup tahini. Process until very smooth, adding a few teaspoons of olive oil if necessary. Taste and add salt and/or more lemon juice or garlic to taste. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve with pita bread.
Grilled Vegetable Dip
This would work for carrots, parsnips, green beans, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, or winter squash. Trim and peel (if necessary) 1.5 pounds of any vegetable listed. If you’re using a grill pan, chop the vegetables; otherwise, leave them whole. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill, shaking the pan (or turning whole pieces) to cook them evenly until they’re quite tender. Purée in a food processor with olive oil.
Cooking Secrets for Men
Cooking Secrets for Men
We were featured in “Milwaukee Magazine” May 2023 edition, called “Civic Gastronomy”. Here is the link – https://www.milwaukeemag.com/this-cooking-show-features-milwaukee-community-leaders/
Then a few days later, they were discussing me on the radio. It is a local Foodie show – “This Bites”, where my series “Cooking with Milwaukee Community Leaders” is discussed (it’s in the first few minutes of the show) https://radiomilwaukee.org/podcast/this-bites/2023-05-26/milwaukee-celebrity-cooking-show.
Unpaid by the following companies
Aloha Honey – https://alohahoney.farm/collections/all-products
Grillaholics – https://www.grillaholics.com/?ref=CSFM20 (Use Discount Code CSFM20)
Mullen’s Applesauce – www.mullenfoods.com/
ChefsTemp Thermometers – https://www.chefstemp.com/product/finaltouchx10-meat-thermometer/?tw=cookingsecretsformen. The Discount code is in the link.
Nakano Knives – https://nakano-knives.com/cookingsecretsformen
E-Cookbooks for free Download
(It’s Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 5 – Poultry and Chicken ready to download.
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 4 – “Pasta” (written in English and Italian) is now available to download.
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download.
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page.
You can submit your special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. It is at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
We are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
And, send me one of your aprons. I’ll wear it and promote your channel and merchandise.
If you have comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com