This is a great recipe for bone-in chicken thighs. Greek Yogurt tenderizes meat more effectively than regular marinades. While vinegar or citrus marinades can toughen chicken so it is a little rubbery, yogurt slowly tenderizes them, so the meat can be pulled apart by hand when cooked. So try this Chicken Thighs in Yogurt recipe.
My son Carlo joins me to cook his favorite recipe. We will show you how to cook Chicken Thighs in Yogurt.
You really only need 15 minutes to see a difference in your chicken thighs, but since it doesn’t make food mushy like other acid-based marinades, you can leave the chicken thighs in yogurt overnight or up to 24 hours in your fridge. Use an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet to help with clean up.
Why Use Yogurt for Marinade
Yogurt might not seem like a typical choice for marinating, but it is really delicious. Plus, there’s a scientific reason for using it, too: yogurt tenderizes. It actually tenderizes meat better than ordinary vinegar-based marinades.
- Aluminum foil for baking sheet
- 4 Chicken Thighs bone-in
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dill
- Season the thighs with salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, add the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, spices and mix together
- Add chicken thighs in yogurt mix and coat the thighs
- Let the chicken marinate (covered) for anywhere from 15 minutes to overnight in the refrigerator.
- After marinating, Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and then place chicken skin side up on foil lined sheet.
- Set timer for 40 minutes
- Check the internal temperature of the thighs at 30 minutes with a meat thermometer. At this point, Skin should be brown and crispy.
- Chicken Thighs will be cooked thru at 165 degrees. However, If the temp is not at 165, put back in oven for 5-10 minutes more.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes and serve the chicken thighs in yogurt hot
What to serve with Chicken Thighs in Yogurt
Serve with a side of steamed basmati rice and some sliced mango for a great dinner!
Cooking Secrets for Men
(Free) Just released – e-Cookbook Vol 3 – Appetizers now available for free download. e-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for download. E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available on the same download page. Also free! The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 4 – Pasta!
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. And at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com