Jerk Chicken is a dish that Jamaica is famous for, although it is made across the Caribbean. As we wind up our Chicken Thigh series, we are grilling some Boneless Jamaican Jerk Chicken thighs.
Jamaican jerk is a blend of spices including scallions, garlic, ginger, and thyme, along with allspice (called pimento in the islands), black pepper, and clove, but gets an even bigger kick from the very hot Scotch bonnet peppers. Similar to habanero chiles, you can use those or jalapenos with some added crushed red peppers in a pinch.
You can certainly grill these Jerk Chicken thighs as they do in Jamaica, but this easy recipe works just as well in the oven.
Ingredients for Jamaican Jerk Chicken Thighs
- 2 – 4 Boneless Chicken thighs, cut in half
- 1 large bunches scallion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-2 Scotch bonnet or habanero peppers minced (or Jalapenos)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons White wine or cider vinegar
- Juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- One tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- One teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- One teaspoon ground clove
DIRECTIONS for Jerk Chicken
- Cut boneless chicken thighs in half and place in container for marinating
- Add all ingredients into the container with the chicken.
- Toss the jerk seasoning with the chicken thighs
- Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours, covered or sealed in a bag
- Preheat the grill
- Grill until cooked through, about 10 minutes, turning once. Temperature should be at least 160 when you take the off the grill.
- Serve the Jerk Chicken with a little chopped cilantro and rice
- (Jerk Chicken is traditionally served with rice and peas, but you can also serve with fried plantains.)
Cooking Secrets for Men
Please “like” our YouTube Videos and follow us on our YouTube Channel. Cooking Secrets For Men is also on other Social Media sites Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
“Cooking Secrets for Men” has recently been listed as one of the Top 30 Men’s Cooking Websites on the Internet. You can read that article here and see where we rank for Men’s Cooking Websites.
If you liked this recipe, you should try our Pan-Fried Chicken Thighs with Lemon. Or try our Parmesan Crusted Chicken Thighs recipe
(Free) Just released – E-Cookbook Vol 3 – Appetizers now available for free download at this link
E-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for free download
E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page. The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 4 – Pasta!, which will be written in English and Italian.
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. And at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
15 thoughts on “Jerk Chicken Thighs, Grilled”
Looks like a platter for totally!💕☕️☕️
Thank you. Got to try it
Thanks for your support, Hope it tastes good for you