We are trying to suggest some creative, easy recipes to use during the pandemic, while most of us at the home with our families. Here is one such recipe, Lamb Burgers instead of Hamburgers.
Feta Tzatziki Sauce Ingredients
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, leaves then cut into chiffonade
- 1 small bunch fresh dill, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, seeded and grated
- Kosher salt to taste
For the Tzatziki Sauce – Combine the yogurt, feta, vinegar, garlic, mint, dill and cucumbers. Season with salt. Refrigerate to let the sauce meld. Let sit for at least 1 hour at room temperature before serving with the Lamb Burger.
Lamb Burger Ingredients
- Extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely smashed
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound, ground lamb
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 red onion, 1 sliced, for garnish
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced, for garnish
- 2 cups baby spinach, for garnish
- Feta Tzatziki Spread, recipe above
- 4 pitas or 4 hamburger buns (optional)
Directions for Lamb Burgers
- Coat a large cast-iron pan with olive oil, toss in the diced onions and season with salt and crushed red pepper.
- Bring the pan to medium-high heat and cook the onions for 3 to 4 minutes
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 to 4 more minutes. Turn the heat off and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb, the cooled onion mixture, the oregano, dill, mint, and lemon zest. Sprinkle with salt and combine well.
- Preheat the grill or cast iron pan
- Form the lamb burger mixture into 4 equal patties and sprinkle with salt.
- Cook the burgers 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Remove the lamb burgers from the grill and let rest for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cut the pitas in half. Put the Feta Tzatziki Sauce on the top bun
- Put tomatoes, sliced onions and spinach on bottom. Place the lamb burger on top of these and serve.
If you like this Lamb Burger recipe, you should try our Instant Pot Cuban Black Beans