Valentine’s Day 2022
While the potatoes and radishes roast in the oven, the lamb chops are pan-seared, and a red onion, mint, and feta cheese relish is put together. Then easy steamed broccoli for the final piece of Valentine’s Day dinner 2022.
Previous Valentine’s Day menus can be found at:
Our Valentine’s Day 2021 recipe is a Broiled Tilapia in Coconut Curry. You can find that recipe at https://cookingsecretsformen.com/2021/02/09/broiled-tilapia-coconut-curry/, The YouTube video is at https://youtu.be/OrIFvjNUWuQ.
Our Valentine’s Day 2020 recipe is a pan-seared Haddock. You can find that recipe at https://cookingsecretsformen.com/2020/02/08/valentines-dinner-simple-healthy-elegant/. The YouTube video is at https://youtu.be/x-j08S1dhLA.
What is the difference between a loin lamb chop and a rib chop?
Rib chops have tender, fatty meat which is best cooked using quick, high-heat methods like grilling or broiling. The loin chops are not quite as tender and are also best cooked either grilled or broiled.
- No special equipment needed
- 1 lb. Yukon gold or baby red potatoes halved
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 5 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 lb. small radishes quartered
- 2 bone-in-lamb chops per person
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 cup feta crumbled
- Broccoli for steaming
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add potatoes to a bowl with 1 tbsp of oil and season with salt and pepper;
- Coat potatoes and then place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Roast potatoes 10 minutes.
- While potatoes roast, combine red onion and vinegar in a bowl.
- Season red onion & vinegar with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- After 10 minutes of roasting, add the quartered radishes to the potatoes and roast until potatoes are golden brown and radishes are tender, additional 15 minutes or so.
- While the potatoes & radishes cook, Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook lamb to desired degree of doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium- rare; transfer to a platter.
- Steam broccoli for about five minutes, while lamb is cooking.
- Add mint, feta, and remaining 2 tbsp oil to red onion/vinegar mixture.
- Remove broccoli from the steamer
- Serve lamb topped with relish and vegetables alongside.
Cooking Secrets for Men
Please “like” our YouTube Videos and follow us on our YouTube Channel. Cooking Secrets For Men is also on other Social Media sites Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
“Cooking Secrets for Men” has recently been listed as one of the Top 30 Men’s Cooking Websites on the Internet. You can read that article here. See where we rank for Men’s Cooking Websites.
If you like our recipe for Valentine’s Day 2022 – Lamb Chops with Roasted Potatoes and Radishes, you should try our recipe for Homemade Empanadas. Or maybe try our recipe for Lamb Burgers. And here is the comparison between Lamb Rib Chops and Loin Chops
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 4 – “Pasta” (written in English and Italian) is now available to download here
Yes, Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 3 – “Appetizers” now available for free download at this link
(Free) – E-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for free download
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page. The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 5 – Chicken & Poultry, and should be out soon!
You can submit your special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. It is at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me. And, send me one of your aprons. I’ll wear it and promote your channel and merchandise.
If you have comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com
7 thoughts on “Lamb Chops w/Roasted Potatoes”
This is such a festive dinner.
The feta and mint and radishes add a nice touch! 🙂
Ronit, thanks so much, hope you are well
I love this lamb dish Charles. I’d be making this for myself on Valentines Day though as my Lynne isn’t a huge fan of lamb. Ha ha! So might wait until she’s working away and just make it for myself!
Neil, just throw on a rib eye and she’ll be fine. Thanks for stopping by!
Charlie, I think I will give Dom his card early with this recipe enclosed as a great big hint.
Now that’s funny! Hope it works out
LOve Lamb Chops