Valentine’s Dinner at home. It is a great way to say “I love you!”. And the great thing about this recipe is that you can make it in under 20 minutes with ease.
This is a quick and easy dinner to cook for Valentine’s Day. It may look like you put in a lot of time and effort, but it can come together in about 10 minutes. This recipe and video are posted for those who want to impress their partner on Valentine’s Day but may have limited cooking skills or experience.
It is a three-part presentation, with a nice piece of pan-fried fish, on top of black beans, that is in turn on top of a bed of wilted spinach. Garnish with some lemon wedges and you have a very beautiful presentation of a very healthy, yet so simple to create.
- 3 different pans, one for each part of the dish
For the Black Beans
- 1 15oz Can of Black Beans
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock added as needed
For the Spinach
- 1 5oz Bag of fresh baby spinach
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the Fish
- 2 6oz Filet of white fish Haddock, Cod, Tilapia, Sea Bass or other fish – one for each of you
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Emeril’s Essence or similar seasoning
- If you have the space, heat three pans on medium heat, one each for the beans, fish and spinach. If not, cook one at a time, in the order below.
- Heat the oil in each pan over medium heat
For The Beans
- Empty the can of beans in a sauce pan
- Add cumin and about 2 tablespoons of chicken broth.
- Let the liquid cook down and add broth as needed.
- Let beans simmer until ready to serve the fish
For the fish
- Heat the oil and butter in a sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add the fish
- Add Emeril's seasoning salt to the fish and cook on one side for about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the fish over, add more seasoning salt to the other side and cook until done, about another 3 minutes
For the Spinach
- In a large wok or large sauté pan, heat the oil.
- Add the spinach at the last minute and stir to wilt. The spinach will be done in about one minute.
To Assemble the Dish
- Place the wilted spinach on the plate,
- Put one serving of black beans on the spinach, and
- Place the fish on top of the Black Beans
- Garnish with lemon wedges and enjoy!
Cooking Secrets for Men
(Free) e-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” just released and available for download. e-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available on the same download page. Also free! Volume 3 (Appetizers) will be out soon.
If you liked this recipe for a Simple and Elegant Valentines Day dinner, you should try our recipe for Italian Spaghetti Squash Casserole. Or take a look at our Valentine’s Day meal in 2021 from Cooking Secrets For Men.
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions” or at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com