Easy Shrimp and White Bean Salad – Today, we are making a hearty salad. It is a very filling dish, you could serve this as a salad or main course. This recipe is quite easy and can be ready in about 20 minutes. Minimal prep work, and not a lot of cooking either. Perfect weeknight recipe.
Easy Shrimp and White Bean Salad
A good salad allows each flavor to combine and contrast with the others. Here, tasty shrimp heat in a mix of aromatics and crushed red pepper. The mellow white beans temper the spiciness. Peppery arugula adds another layer of flavor. The flavors play so well together.
I am proud to announce this website is ranked in the Top 30 Men’s Cooking Blogs and Websites on the Internet. We have followers worldwide, and I would love it if you would follow us if you are not already doing so. Here is the article – https://blog.feedspot.com/mens_cooking_blogs/ We are currently rated # 17.
I’d like to give a shout-out to Joe Lilly at BarBQ Riot on YouTube. He does more than just bar-b-que, very likable guy, check out his channel on YouTube. I’m friendly with a bunch of BBQ guys and gals on YouTube, and I hope I get to a shout-out for everyone eventually.
- 1 pound shrimp shelled tails off, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cans cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup chicken stock if it gets too dry
- 3 handfuls arugula leaves
- Prepare shrimp, buy taking off the shells, tails and devein. (Most shrimp in stores today comes already deveined.)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat
- Add and sauté the onions and red bell pepper, about 3 minutes
- Season with salt & pepper and the crushed red pepper
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute
- Add cannellini beans (rinsed and drained) and allow them to warm, about 2 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste for the beans.
- Add raw shrimp and fold into the onion/pepper/beans mixture. The shrimp will cook in that mixture
- When shrimp is cooked (skin has turned pink or orange), add the grape tomatoes
- Fold grape tomatoes in the heat briefly (30 seconds)
- Use a slotted spoon and serve over a bed of arugula (or any salad green you like)
Cooking Secrets for Men
If you like our recipe for Easy Shrimp and White Bean Salad, you should try our recipe for a Healthy Salad for Carnivores.
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 4 – “Pasta” (written in English and Italian) now available to download here
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page. The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 5 – Chicken & Poultry, and should be out soon!
You can submit your special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. It is at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me. And, send me one of your aprons. I’ll wear it and promote your channel and merchandise.
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org