Healthy Salad for Carnivores – Salads aren’t always known for being the most filling meal. However, this salad will help change that stereotype. For healthy eaters, it will make its way into your weekly rotation. Thanks to hearty proteins and adding your favorite accompaniments.
Healthy Salad and Protein
Salads are a great way to eat more veggies, but greens alone do not make a satisfying meal. They’ll just leave you feeling hungry. Say goodbye to wimpy greens and “hello” to healthy proteins to power up your healthy salad. Protein-rich foods like chicken, salmon, and steak can beef up even the simplest base of leafy greens. Protein helps to build muscles and sticks around long after you’ve eaten to help you feel full and energized.
Quality meets convenience in this easy main dish. This healthy salad fits right into your weekday lineup with minimal effort and maximum flavor. Prewashed greens let you grab a handful and go. Rotisserie chicken is one of your best supermarket allies for fast and fresh weeknight meals.
- No special equipment needed
- 1 bag lettuce any type
- 1 6oz Salmon or Chicken or Steak
- 4 oz Green Beans steamed, then served at room temperature
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes served whole or cut in half
- 1/2 avocado pit removed, sliced uniformly
- matchstick carrots
- Chopped red onion
- chopped bell peppers
- pickled beets
- any other salad accompaniment you desire
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar any type
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional – 1 tsp Dijon mustard or mined garlic
- Cook the protein (Steak, chicken or salmon)
- Let protein rest while salad is prepared
- Place greens on a platter
- Arrange veggies on edge of platter
- Slice avocado in half and remove pit
- Slice avocado and add to veggies on platter
- Slice steak or chicken and place in center of platter
- If serving grilled salmon, place whole in the center of the platter, with the veggies surrounding it.
- Make the dressing, 3-1 oil to vinegar mixture
- To the dressing, add salt & pepper to taste. If using add Dijon mustard or minced garlic to dressing
- Place platter on table and serve with dressing on the side
Cooking Secrets for Men
Please “like” our YouTube Videos and follow us on our YouTube Channel. Cooking Secrets For Men is also on other Social Media sites Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
“Cooking Secrets for Men” is listed as one of the Top 30 Men’s Cooking Websites on the Internet. You can read that article here. See where we rank for Men’s Cooking Websites.
If you liked our recipe for Healthy Salad for Carnivores, you should try our recipe for Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Onions.
Unpaid by the following companies
Aloha Honey – https://alohahoney.farm/collections/all-products
Grillaholics – https://www.grillaholics.com/?ref=CSFM20 (Use Discount Code CSFM20 for all products)
Javy Coffee – https://javycoffee.com/collections/javy
Mullen’s Applesauce – www.mullenfoods.com/
ChefsTemp Thermometers – https://www.chefstemp.com/product/finaltouchx10-meat-thermometer/?tw=cookingsecretsformen. The Discount code is in the link.
E-Cookbooks for free Download
(It’s Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 5 – Poultry and Chicken ready to download
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 4 – “Pasta” (written in English and Italian) is now available to download.
(Yes, Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 3 – “Appetizers” now available for free download at this link
(Free) – E-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for free download
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page.
You can submit your special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. It is at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
We are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me. And, send me one of your aprons. I’ll wear it and promote your channel and merchandise.
If you have comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com
12 thoughts on “Healthy Salad for Carnivores”
Great use of protein for a salad
Easy, healthy, tasty, and satisfying
Charlie, these are very good ideas. It is especially appealing to eat like this during the summer months.
Looks delicious! Perfect for a busy weeknight meal.