This Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Curry is a great dish with fragrant Indian spices and of course, coconut milk! It’s healthy, low-calorie, and full of flavor. It’s easy to make and not too spicy. This meal is well-balanced and healthy, perfect for the whole family. And you can get creative with the ingredients.
How to Make Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Curry
It all starts with sautéed onion, ginger, and garlic. and serrano pepper. Then we throw in the big flavor punch – red curry paste! And for more depth of flavor, we included curry powder, turmeric, coriander, and cumin. Then, we add in some coconut milk for creaminess and natural sweetness.
The heartiness comes from plenty of chopped cauliflower, sweet potatoes, and chickpeas, which simmer away until tender.
- No special equipment needed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled & chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped plus more for garnish
- 1 small head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 cups sweet potatoes cubed & peeled
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1½ tsp coriander
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 14 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- Frozen Peas
- Lime slices for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pot.
- Add the onions and cook until they’re soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger, and cilantro; and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic sauté another 30 seconds
- Add the red curry paste, curry, turmeric, coriander and cumin and sauté 30 seconds
- Add the cauliflower and sweet potatoes
- Season with salt and pepper
- Sauté for 5 more minutes until the vegetables are well coated with the curry paste and dish becomes very fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes with their juices, chickpeas and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low.
- Simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower and sweet potatoes are tender and the sauce thickens.
- Add Cilantro and frozen peas
- Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro and lime slices, if desired
Cooking Secrets for Men
If you liked our recipe for Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Curry, you should try our recipe for Healthy Salad for Carnivores.
Unpaid by the following companies –
Aloha Honey – https://alohahoney.farm/collections/all-products
Paradise Fruit Co – https://www.paradisefruitco.com/paradise-online-store/
Grillaholics – https://www.grillaholics.com/?ref=CSFM20 (Use Discount Code CSFM20 for all products)
Javy Coffee – https://javycoffee.com/collections/javy
ChefsTemp Thermometers – https://www.chefstemp.com/product/finaltouchx10-meat-thermometer/?tw=cookingsecretsformen. The Discount code is in the link.
E-Cookbooks for free Download
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 4 – “Pasta” (written in English and Italian) is now available to download.
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page. Our next e-Cookbook will be Vol 5 – Chicken & Poultry, and should be out soon!
You can submit your special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. It is at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
We are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me. And, send me one of your aprons. I’ll wear it and promote your channel and merchandise.
If you have comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com