Best Greek Lamb Burgers – Next time it’s Burger Night, try something different. Like these Greek Lamb Burgers. They are juicy, flavorful, and easy to make. The secret is combining aromatics (shallots and garlic) with spices like oregano, paprika, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Add a generous dose of fresh mint, dill, and lemon zest.
Greek Lamb Burgers
We cook the shallots (or onions), and garlic, before adding them to the meat mixture. Once cooled, the aromatics mix with the herbs and spices to form flavor-packed Greek Lamb Burger patties.
Once everything is in your mixing bowl, work the meat mixture well enough until everything is fully combined. Then form some lamb patties to throw on the grill.
Greek Lamb Burgers on the Grill
(Grill tip for Greek lamb burgers: using your thumb, make a little dent in the middle of the lamb burger patties.) As most experienced grill masters know, the meat will contract and swell somewhat in the center. The thumbprint indent in the middle helps the patties keep their flat shape and cook more evenly.
Serve with Tzatziki Sauce (recipe below). Lamb burgers make so much more sense with a nice drizzle of tzatziki sauce rather than using ketchup.
- A Grill or heavy duty frying pan for the stove top
Feta Tzatziki Sauce Ingredients
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 1 small bunch of fresh dill finely chopped
- ½ cucumber seeded and grated (or finely chopped)
- Kosher salt to taste
Lamb Burger Ingredients
- 1 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- 1 shallot or small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 Pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp dill chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 lb ground lamb
- Zest one lemon
- 1 red onion 1 sliced, for garnish
- 1 beefsteak tomato sliced, for garnish
- 2 cups baby spinach for garnish
- Feta Tzatziki Spread see recipe
- 4 pitas or 4 hamburger buns optional
For the Tzatziki Sauce
- Combine the yogurt, feta, vinegar, garlic, mint, dill, salt, and cucumbers in a bowl.
- Refrigerate to let the sauce meld. Let sit for at least 1 hour at room temperature before serving with the Lamb Burger.
Directions for Lamb Burgers
- Coat a large cast-iron pan with olive oil, toss in the diced onions, and season with salt and crushed red pepper.
- Bring the pan to medium-high heat and cook the onions for 3 to 4 minutes
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Turn the heat off and let it cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb, the cooled onion mixture, the oregano, dill, mint, paprika, and lemon zest. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and combine well.
- Preheat the grill or cast iron pan
- Form the lamb burger mixture into 4 equal patties and sprinkle with salt. (see notes on indenting the burgers with your thumb)
- Cook the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Remove the lamb burgers from the grill and let rest for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cut the pitas in half. Put the Feta Tzatziki Sauce on the top bun
- Put tomatoes, sliced onions, and spinach on the bottom. Place the lamb burger on top of these and serve.
The thumbprint indent in the middle helps the patties keep their flat shape and cook more evenly.
Cooking Secrets for Men
We were featured in “Milwaukee Magazine” May 2023 edition, called “Civic Gastronomy”. Here is the link – https://www.milwaukeemag.com/this-cooking-show-features-milwaukee-community-leaders/
Then a few days later, they were discussing me on the radio. It is a local Foodie show – “This Bites”, where my series “Cooking with Milwaukee Community Leaders” is discussed (it’s in the first few minutes of the show) https://radiomilwaukee.org/podcast/this-bites/2023-05-26/milwaukee-celebrity-cooking-show.
Unpaid by the following companies
Aloha Honey – https://alohahoney.farm/collections/all-products
Grillaholics – https://www.grillaholics.com/?ref=CSFM20 The Discount code is in the link.
Mullen’s Applesauce – www.mullenfoods.com/
ChefsTemp Thermometers – https://www.chefstemp.com/product/finaltouchx10-meat-thermometer/?tw=cookingsecretsformen. The Discount code is in the link.
Nakano Knives – https://nakano-knives.com/cookingsecretsformen. The Discount code is in the link.
E-Cookbooks for free Download
(It’s Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 5 – Poultry and Chicken ready to download
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 4 – “Pasta” (written in English and Italian) is now available to download.
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page.
You can submit your special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. It is at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
We are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
And, send me one of your aprons. I’ll wear it and promote your channel and merchandise.
If you have comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com