These Blueberry Pie Bars are an easy, summer baking concoction, that is a hit at parties and family gatherings. I hope you like butter, sugar, and flour, as well as blueberries. You can get 16 Blueberry Pie Bars out of one pan.
INGREDIENTS – 3 Parts, made separately
Crust and Crumble Topping Ingredients
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sour cream (or plain or vanilla Greek yogurt)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- First, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Secondly, line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil (Lining the pan with foil will make clean up a lot easier)
Make the Crust and Crumble Topping
- In a large bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high.
- Next, Add the sugars and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, and salt, and stir to combine. The mix will be a little dry with some larger, crumble pieces.
- Set ¾ cup of the crumble mixture aside for the crumble topping
- Place the rest of the mixture in the foil-lined pan, and use a spatula to pack the mixture into a smooth, flat, even crust.
For the Filling
- In a medium bowl, add the egg, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour to the mixture and whisk to combine.
- Evenly pour the filling over the crust and smooth it with a spatula.
Make the Blueberry Layer
- In a bowl, add blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch and toss to combine.
- Evenly distribute the blueberry mixture over the filling.
- Sprinkle with the reserved ¾ cup crust mixture over blueberries.
Bake the Bars
- Bake for 60 minutes, when the edges are crispy and there is bubbling in the center.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and allow the bars to cool for at least an hour or two and then you can slice them.
- If you try to slice bars before they’ve cooled completely, they’ll be extremely messy and could fall apart.
- Finally, pull the foil out of the pan, with the bars on top, and slice into approx. 16 squares
Cooking Secrets for Men
We were featured in “Milwaukee Magazine” May 2023 edition, called “Civic Gastronomy”. Here is the link – https://www.milwaukeemag.com/this-cooking-show-features-milwaukee-community-leaders/
Then a few days later, they were discussing me on the radio. It is a local Foodie show – “This Bites”, where my series “Cooking with Milwaukee Community Leaders” is discussed (it’s in the first few minutes of the show) https://radiomilwaukee.org/podcast/this-bites/2023-05-26/milwaukee-celebrity-cooking-show.
If you like this recipe for Blueberry Pie Bars, you should try our Thai Chicken Meatball Soup.
Unpaid by the following companies
Aloha Honey – https://alohahoney.farm/collections/all-products
Grillaholics – https://www.grillaholics.com/?ref=CSFM20 (Use Discount Code CSFM20)
Mullen’s Applesauce – www.mullenfoods.com/
ChefsTemp Thermometers – https://www.chefstemp.com/product/finaltouchx10-meat-thermometer/?tw=cookingsecretsformen. The Discount code is in the link.
Nakano Knives – https://nakano-knives.com/cookingsecretsformen
E-Cookbooks for free Download
(It’s Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 5 – Poultry and Chicken ready to download.
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 4 – “Pasta” (written in English and Italian) is now available to download.
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download.
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page.
You can submit your special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. It is at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
We are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
And, send me one of your aprons. I’ll wear it and promote your channel and merchandise.
If you have comments or questions, please get in touch with us at email@example.com