These Blueberry Pie Bars are an easy, summer baking concoction, that is a hit at parties and family gatherings. I hope you like butter, sugar and flour, as well as blueberries. You can get 16 Blueberry Pie Bars out of one pan.
INGREDIENTS – 3 Parts, made separately
Crust and Crumble Topping Ingredients
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sour cream (or plain or vanilla Greek yogurt)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- First, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Secondly, line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil (Lining the pan with foil will make clean up a lot easier)
Make the Crust and Crumble Topping
- In a large bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high.
- Next, Add the sugars and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir to combine. Mix will be a little dry with some larger, crumble pieces.
- Set ¾ cup of the crumble mixture aside for the crumble topping
- Place the rest of the mixture in the foil lined pan, and use a spatula to pack the mixture into an smooth, flat, even crust.
Make the Filling
- In a medium bowl, add the egg, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour to the mixture and whisk to combine.
- Evenly pour filling over the crust and smooth it with a spatula.
Make the Blueberry Layer
- In a bowl, add blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch and toss to combine.
- Evenly distribute blueberry mixture over the filling.
- Sprinkle with the reserved ¾ cup crust mixture over blueberries.
Bake the Bars
- Bake for 60 minutes, when the edges are crispy and there is bubbling in the center.
- Place pan on a wire rack and allow bars to cool for at least an hour or two and then you can slice them.
- If you try to slice bars before they’ve cooled completely, they’ll be extremely messy and could fall apart.
- Finally, pull the foil out of the pan, with the bars on top, and slice into approx. 16 squares
Cooking Secrets for Men
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to publish it and give you the credit. Just go to this link “Submit your own recipes” or at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. Contact me if you are interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration.
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com