Next in our Meatball series is Chicken Meatballs in a Thai Soup. The Chicken Meatballs are light and fragrant, with Asian spices, in a coconut milk broth. Add baby spinach at the end for a hearty meal. This dish can be ready in 30 minutes or less.
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced (SAVE HALF FOR BROTH)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced (SAVE HALF FOR BROTH)
- 1 jalapeño, seeded & minced (SAVE HALF FOR BROTH)
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon Red Curry paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- Whole Cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- white or brown rice for serving
- Transfer half (ginger, jalapeno, garlic) to a large bowl and set the rest aside for the soup broth.
- To the large bowl with the ginger, garlic, jalapeno, add the ground chicken, chopped cilantro, 2 tablespoons fish sauce and salt & pepper.
- Use your hands to mix and form 2-inch meatballs
- In a large pan, heat the oil over med-high heat. Add meatballs and cook, flipping halfway through, until golden brown on two sides, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Once all the meatballs are browned and out of the pot, if the oil is burned, wipe it out and add a bit more to the pot.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the reserved ginger/garlic/jalapeno mixture and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Deglaze pan with about ¼ cup of the chicken broth
- Add the rest of the chicken broth, coconut milk, red curry paste, sugar and the other tablespoon of fish sauce, and bring to a simmer.
- Add the meatballs and simmer until the flavors come together and the meatballs are cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the spinach and lime juice.
- Divide rice among bowls, then top with meatballs, soup and cilantro leaves.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Please like and subscribe to my YouTube Channel