Chicken Meatball Thai Soup is next in our meatball series. The Chicken Meatball are light and fragrant, with Asian spices, in a coconut milk broth. Add baby spinach at the end for a hearty meal. This Thai Soup can be ready in 30 minutes or less.
Ingredients for Chicken Meatball Thai Soup
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced (SAVE HALF FOR BROTH)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced (SAVE HALF FOR BROTH)
- 1 jalapeño, seeded & minced (SAVE HALF FOR BROTH)
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, plus more as needed
- 1 tbsp Red Curry paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- Whole Cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1 tbsp lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- white or brown rice for serving
Directions for Chicken Meatball Thai Soup
- Transfer half (ginger, jalapeno, garlic) to a large bowl and set the rest aside for the soup broth.
- To the large bowl with the ginger, garlic, jalapeno, add the ground chicken, chopped cilantro, 2 tablespoons fish sauce and salt & pepper.
- Use your hands to mix and form 2-inch meatballs
- In a large pan, heat the oil over med-high heat. Add meatballs and cook, flipping halfway through, until golden brown on two sides, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Once all the meatballs are browned and out of the pot, if the oil is burned, wipe it out and add a bit more to the pot.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the reserved ginger/garlic/jalapeno mixture and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Deglaze pan with about ¼ cup of the chicken broth
- Add the rest of the chicken broth, coconut milk, red curry paste, sugar and the other tablespoon of fish sauce, and bring to a simmer.
- Add the meatballs and simmer until the flavors come together and the meatballs are cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the spinach and lime juice.
- Divide rice among bowls, then top with meatballs, soup and cilantro leaves.
- Serve Chicken Meatball Thai Soup with lime wedges.
Cooking Secrets for Men
Please “like” our YouTube Videos and follow us on our YouTube Channel. Cooking Secrets For Men is also on other Social Media sites Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
Our e-Cookbook, Vol 1 “Sauces” is free and available to download. You can find it here. Vol 2 “Soups”, should be out soon.
If you liked this Chicken Meatball Thai Soup, you should try our Roasted Poblano Pepper Soup
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to publish it and give you the credit. Just go to this link “Submit your own recipes” or at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. Contact me if you are interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration.
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4 thoughts on “Chicken Meatball Thai Soup”
Superb! Who doesn’t love Thái food?