Vietnamese Pork Meatballs -This is the first post in our Meatball Series. First up, pork meatballs, with a Vietnamese twist. Asian flavors in the meatballs served over rice and topped with a tangy chili sauce. You can also serve these with lettuce wraps.
Vietnamese Pork Meatballs are also known as Nem Nuong. The spices in the meatballs compliment the meal, not overpower it. These are good as a main dish or as a side accompaniment. They can also be a great appetizer, with any Asian food-related theme.
Ingredients – For the Vietnamese Pork Meatballs
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 green onions, white part finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of any Asian chili sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- ¼ cup sugar
- For garnish – Top with Scallion Green parts & chopped Cilantro
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all the meat ingredients and use your hands to mix.
- Shape the meat into golf-ball-size rounds
- Arrange on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through until the meatballs are browned and cooked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, make the sauce
- Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl. Be sure the sugar is completely dissolved and not stuck to the bottom of the bowl.
- Serve the meatballs drizzled with the sauce and sprinkled with scallions, and cilantro, over rice.
Cooking Secrets for Men
Unpaid by the following companies –
Aloha Honey – https://alohahoney.farm/collections/all-products
Paradise Fruit Co – https://www.paradisefruitco.com/paradise-online-store/
Grillaholics – https://www.grillaholics.com/?ref=CSFM20 (Use Discount Code CSFM20 for all products)
Javy Coffee – https://javycoffee.com/collections/javy
ChefsTemp Thermometers – https://www.chefstemp.com/product/finaltouchx10-meat-thermometer/?tw=cookingsecretsformen. The Discount code is in the link.
E-Cookbooks for free Download
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 4 – “Pasta” (written in English and Italian) is now available to download.
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page. Our next e-Cookbook will be Vol 5 – Chicken & Poultry, and should be out soon!
You can submit your special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. It is at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
We are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me. And, send me one of your aprons. I’ll wear it and promote your channel and merchandise.
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com