Lettuce Wraps -Asian Sriracha Chicken style. These easy to prepare Asian Wraps are a healthy alternative to burgers or Sloppy Joe’s. Simple to make and the layers of flavor in these are a crowd leaser.
Delicious and filled with flavor, these lettuce wraps are a great idea for entertaining or a family meal. Each person can build their own fresh, delicious wrap. Just be sure to have plates or napkins available since the mixture tends to drip a little. To serve, let each person spoon a portion of the meat into a lettuce leaf. Wrap the lettuce around the meat like a burrito and enjoy!
Lettuce Wraps Ingredients
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- One onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground Chicken or pork
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 c. hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
Which Lettuce is best for wraps?
There are three varieties of lettuce you should use when making these wraps:
- Butter head lettuce
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Romaine Lettuce
Just be sure to choose a head of lettuce that has large and flexible enough leaves to use as a wrap!
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Cook the onion, ginger and garlic until fragrant, and onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add ground chicken/pork and cook until no longer pink, 5 minutes.
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add sriracha, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and stir until combined.
- Spoon pork into lettuce leaves and sprinkle with carrots, scallions and cilantro, to make these Chicken wraps.
If you liked this Risotto recipe try our Instant Pot Chicken and Risotto
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org