This is a quick and easy soup with Italian turkey sausage, white beans and spinach that is full of flavor and nice and healthy. Takes less than an hour to prep, prepare, cook and serve. It’s a go-to recipe for a weekday winter, filling meal.
Quick and Healthy Soup
This Italian white bean soup is one of my favorites when I’ m looking for a hearty soup. The cannellini beans and the sausage make this a high protein meal with about 35g per serving as well as high in fiber. It’s also a great gluten free soup. You can even turn it into a vegan or vegetarian white bean soup by simply swapping the turkey sausage out for a plant based sausage and using vegetable stock in place of chicken stock.
Serves 4. Prep Time: 5 mins. Cook Time: 25 mins. Total Time: 30 mins
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound Italian turkey sausage (casing removed and crumbled)
1 onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
4 cups chicken stock
A (15 oz) can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
1 tsp oregano
1 bunch spinach (chopped)
lemon juice, 1 tbsp
salt and pepper to taste and Parmesan cheese as garnish
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
2. Add the sausage and cook until no longer pink (about 6 minutes) and set aside,
3. Heat the other tbsp of oil in the same pan.
4. Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
5. Next, add the garlic and red chili pepper flakes and sauté for another minute.
6. Add the cooked sausage, chicken stock, cannellini beans, oregano, and bay leaf & simmer for 15-20 mins.
7. Add the spinach and simmer until it wilts, about 1-2 minutes
8. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice, remove from heat and remove bay leaf. Serve with Parmesan to sprinkle on top and serve while hot.
If you would like to submit your own special recipe, we would love to publish it and give you the credit. Just go to this link “Submit your own recipes” at the top of our home page.
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org