This is a quick and easy soup with Italian turkey sausage, white beans and spinach that is full of flavor and nice and healthy. Takes less than an hour to prep, prepare, cook and serve. It’s a go-to recipe for a weekday winter, filling meal.
Makes 4 servings. Prep Time: 5 mins. Cook Time: 25 mins. Total Time: 30 mins
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound Italian turkey sausage (casing removed and crumbled)
1 onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
4 cups chicken stock
1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
1 teaspoon oregano
1 bay leaf
1 bunch spinach (chopped)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste and Parmesan cheese as garnish
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
2. Add the sausage and cook until no longer pink (about 6 minutes) and set aside,
3. Heat the other tbsp of oil in the same pan.
4. Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
5. Add the garlic and red chili pepper flakes and sauté for another minute.
6. Add the cooked sausage, chicken stock, cannellini beans, oregano, and bay leaf & simmer for 15-20 mins.
7. Add the spinach and simmer until it wilts, about 1-2 minutes
8. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice, remove from heat and remove bay leaf 9. Serve with Parmesan to sprinkle on top and serve while hot.