We show you how to make Instant Pot Chicken and Risotto. No more standing over a stove stirring and stirring to get creamy risotto! Once you make it in an Instant Pot, you’ll never make it any other way. Boneless chicken thighs help highlight this creamy dish.
How to make Instant Pot Risotto Chicken
Risotto is an Italian rice dish cooked with broth until it reaches a creamy consistency. The broth can be from meat, fish, or vegetables. Risotto is one of the most common ways of eating rice in Italy. Risotto is usually served as a first course before the main course. But chicken risotto is the main course meal that you can serve with a side of steamed veggies.
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs skinless and boneless each cut in half
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Turn on Instant Pot, and select Sauté function
- Cut each chicken thigh in half
- Mix oregano, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add chicken and mix with spices
- Heat 1tbsp butter and olive oil in the Instant Pot
- Brown chicken on both sides, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside
- In the Instant Pot, add one tbsp of butter
- Sauté onion and cook until soft about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add one tbsp of butter in the Instant Pot, (still on sauté)
- Add rice, and stir constantly until coated, about 2 minutes.
- Next, pour in wine and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom
- Cook until wine is absorbed about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, and chicken thighs, to the Instant pot and mix well.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Select high pressure, and set timer for 5 minutes.
- Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, release pressure the quick-release method
- Unlock and remove the lid.
- Slowly stir in Parmesan cheese into the chicken and risotto.
- Finally, Garnish with chopped parsley, and serve.
Cooking Secrets for Men
(Free) Just released – e-Cookbook Vol 3 – Appetizers now available for free download. e-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for download. E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available on the same download page. Also free! The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 4 – Pasta!
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. And at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org