Breakfast Egg Muffins – ready in 2 minutes** (** 2 minutes in the microwave. You must make these Microwave eggs in advance). These breakfast egg muffins are perfect for a low-carb or Keto lifestyle.
This recipe is an easy grab-and-go option for busy mornings. These protein-packed egg muffins are loaded with cheese and veggies for great flavor! To make this a vegetarian meal omit the sausage.
Breakfast Egg Muffins
There are a myriad of breakfast ideas with eggs. This recipe can be put together in minutes. It is customizable with whatever vegetables you like or have on hand.
These protein-packed breakfast egg muffins can be cooked and refrigerated when you need them to grab and go!
- 12 cups non-stick muffin pan
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 32 oz Egg Beaters or similar easy pour eggs
- Pam or similar cooking spray or use silicone muffin cups
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped green, yellow, orange peppers all work well
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms optional
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 6-8 Asparagus spears chopped into 1” pieces
- 16 oz Frozen spinach bag thawed and drained of liquid
- 6 pre-cooked breakfast sausage links turkey sausage is the healthiest.
- 8 oz shredded low/reduced-fat cheese package your choice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Prepare the muffin filling
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Thaw the frozen spinach. You can put the bag in the microwave for 2 minutes, then place it in a colander and drain as much liquid as possible. Squeeze with your hands as needed
- Cut each pre-cooked sausage link in half lengthwise and chop into small pieces
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium heat
- Add the chopped onions, peppers, and sausage.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the onions begin to sweat.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the chopped asparagus and cook for 1 minute
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sautéed veggies, sausage, egg beaters, salt & pepper
- Add about 1/3 of the cheese to the bowl
- Add the drained spinach and mix thoroughly with a large spoon.
To Make the Muffins
- Spray the muffin tins with Pam or another cooking spray
- Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin tins.
- Do not fill to the top of the muffin tins. Fill about 2/3 full.
- Using your hand, top each egg muffin with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are set.
- They will puff up while cooking but deflate as they cool
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Egg Muffins can be heated in the microwave if not served right away. They should be served hot.
- Freeze the rest in a plastic freezer bag. Microwave frozen muffins for 1.5-2 minutes
• You can get at least 18 egg muffins out of a 32 oz Egg beaters carton.
• Use any combination of veggies, cheese, and meat products.
• You can always use real eggs and augment them with egg beaters. But since this is “Cooking Secrets for Men”, we’ll stick with the easiest way possible.
Cooking Secrets for Men
We were featured in “Milwaukee Magazine” May 2023 edition, called “Civic Gastronomy”. Here is the link – https://www.milwaukeemag.com/this-cooking-show-features-milwaukee-community-leaders/
Then a few days later, they were discussing me on the radio. It is a local Foodie show – “This Bites”, where my series “Cooking with Milwaukee Community Leaders” is discussed (it’s in the first few minutes of the show) https://radiomilwaukee.org/podcast/this-bites/2023-05-26/milwaukee-celebrity-cooking-show.
If you like this recipe for Breakfast Egg Muffins, then you should try our recipe for Pakistani Chicken Biryani
Unpaid by the following companies
Aloha Honey – https://alohahoney.farm/collections/all-products
Grillaholics – https://www.grillaholics.com/?ref=CSFM20 (Use Discount Code CSFM20)
Mullen’s Applesauce – www.mullenfoods.com/
ChefsTemp Thermometers – https://www.chefstemp.com/product/finaltouchx10-meat-thermometer/?tw=cookingsecretsformen. The Discount code is in the link.
Nakano Knives – https://nakano-knives.com/cookingsecretsformen
E-Cookbooks for free Download
(It’s Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 5 – Poultry and Chicken ready to download.
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 4 – “Pasta” (written in English and Italian) is now available to download.
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download.
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page.
You can submit your special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. It is at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
We are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
And, send me one of your aprons. I’ll wear it and promote your channel and merchandise.
If you have comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com