Easy Asparagus Soup Recipe – This simple soup can be ready in about half an hour. It takes full advantage of the flavor of asparagus by sautéing with butter before puréeing. Fresh tarragon adds a depth of flavor.
I really like asparagus soup. It’s pure comfort in a bowl and so simple to make. This Easy Asparagus Soup recipe is made with just 6 ingredients, not counting salt and pepper, and is ready
Easy Asparagus Soup
The fresher asparagus is, the less you have to do to it. Rinse the asparagus and cut off the woody ends. The French peel the lower halves for a beautiful presentation and a less stringy bite. Because this is Cooking Secrets for Men, we’ll leave that step for the French.
There really is very little difference between thick and thin asparagus, so for a soup, thicker is probably better. Thicker stalks stand up better to intense heat so they are better for broiling and roasting. Quick-cooking thinner spears are good candidates for steaming and stir-frying.
Use an immersion blender to puree the Easy Asparagus Soup. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can transfer the soup to a standing blender and puree in batches, then pour it back into the pot.
Continue to cook on low for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally. To make this Easy Asparagus Soup vegetarian, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. Perfect for a light lunch, or to serve with a sandwich or a salad.
- Immersion blender would be helpful, but you can use a regular blender.
- 1 ½ lbs asparagus chopped and flower ends reserved
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- Fresh tarragon leaves or 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large, deep skillet or pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté chopped onions 4-5 minutes, until soft
- Break off bottom part of each asparagus stalk, and discard.
- Coarsely chop the asparagus stalks, leaving the flower ends whole.
- Set the flower ends aside for garnish
- Add chopped asparagus and tarragon, raise heat to high, and cook, stirring occasionally, until nicely browned, about 10 minutes.
- Sauté the garlic for 1 minute
- Add stock and some salt and pepper; bring to a boil,
- Reduce heat and simmer until asparagus is very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender carefully purée the soup
- If soup is too thin, add the Greek yogurt.
- Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Put 3 or 4 asparagus flower ends in each soup bowls
- Ladle in the soup, and serve.
Cooking Secrets for Men
Please “like” our YouTube Videos and follow us on our YouTube Channel. Cooking Secrets For Men is also on other Social Media sites Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
“Cooking Secrets for Men” has recently been listed as one of the Top 30 Men’s Cooking Websites on the Internet. You can read that article here and see where we rank for Men’s Cooking Websites.
If you like this recipe and video for Easy Asparagus Soup, then you should try our recipe for Green Tomato Soup
(Free) Just released – E-Cookbook Vol 3 – Appetizers now available for free download at this link
E-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for free download
E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page. The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 4 – Pasta!, which will be written in English and Italian.
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. And at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com
8 thoughts on “Easy Asparagus Soup Recipe with Video”
Easy and tasty soup recipe.
Well Done Charlie! 🙂
I love asparagus soup, and I agee – this method you’ve lined out seems both easy and delicious! Thanks!
Thanks, Jeff, and thanks for stopping by!!
Looks like an amazing asparagus soup Charlie. I must admit as a huge soup fan it’s not one I make very often at all. Time to rectify that!
Thanks, Neil. It’s an easy one, if you like it creamy, just add cream.