McDonald’s Egg Cheese Biscuits – Sausage, fluffy eggs, and cheese stuffed inside of a biscuit are the perfect morning pick me up. Going to McDonald’s and picking one up is always convenient, but it’s much more delicious when you make it at home yourself.
For years, when my now 20-something boys were in grade school. I would struggle with what to serve them for breakfast. Cereal every day doesn’t cut it, and sweets (French Toast, Pop-Tarts, doughnuts, etc) may be the worst thing to give them before school. Blood sugar would drop and school naps were a result.
McDonald’s Egg Cheese Biscuits and McDonald’s Sausage Egg Biscuits
So, I decided that McDonald’s Biscuit sandwiches were actually pretty easy to replicate. It became my go-to breakfast recipe before school 1-2 days per week.
- No Special Equipment
- Pillsbury Frozen Grand Buttermilk Biscuits 1 for each sandwich
- 1 tube breakfast sausage cut and formed into patties
- 1 egg beaten for each sandwich
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 slice of American cheese for the egg & cheese muffin
- preheat oven to 375
- Put frozen biscuit(s) on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the biscuit(s) for 22-26 minutes, until golden brown.
- With about 10 minutes left on the biscuits time, cook the sausage patties over medium-high heat, about 4-5 minutes
- Remove sausage from the pan and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Beat eggs (one per ramekin or similarly shaped bowl) to scramble the eggs.
- Season eggs with salt & pepper
- Microwave eggs for 1 minute.
- When the biscuits are finished, assemble the sandwiches
- For the Egg & Cheese Biscuit, slice the biscuit in half, place the egg on the bottom half of the biscuit and the cheese on the egg. Place the top of the biscuit on the cheese. The cheese will melt between the hot biscuit top and the hot egg.
- For the Sausage Egg Biscuit slice the biscuit in half, place the sausage on the bottom half of the biscuit and the egg on top of the sausage. Place the top of the biscuit on the egg.
Cooking Secrets for Men
“Cooking Secrets for Men” has recently been listed as one of the Top 30 Men’s Cooking Websites and Blogs on the Internet. You can read that article here and see where we rank for Men’s Cooking Websites.
If you like this recipe and video for McDonald’s Egg Cheese Biscuits and McDonald’s Sausage Egg Biscuits, you should check out our recipe for Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Muffins
(Free) Just released – E-Cookbook Vol 3 – Appetizers now available for free download at this link
E-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page. The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 4 – Pasta!, which will be written in English and Italian.
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. And at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org