Sausage, White Beans and Spinach Soup – This is a quick and easy soup with Italian turkey sausage, white beans, and spinach that is full of flavor and nice and healthy. Takes less than an hour to prep, prepare, cook and serve. It’s a go-to recipe for a weekday winter, filling meal.
Quick and Healthy Turkey Sausage Soup
This Italian white bean soup is one of my favorites when I’m looking for a hearty soup. The cannellini beans and the sausage make this a high-protein meal. It is also high in fiber. It’s also a great gluten-free soup. You can even turn it into a vegan or vegetarian white bean soup by simply swapping the turkey sausage out for a plant-based sausage and using vegetable stock in place of chicken stock.
It starts with the Sausage
As far as flavors go, everything starts with the sausage. Sausage is a great shortcut for building flavor since it’s already packed with spices. You don’t have to let your soup cook for hours to build flavor since it is already part of the sausage. Therefore it’s important to choose a really tasty sausage. Look for a lean ground Italian turkey. Spicy or sweet sausage will work.
- Stock pot or soup pot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage casing removed and crumbled
- 1 med onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 15oz can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese as garnish
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add the sausage and cook until no longer pink (about 6 minutes) then set aside
- Heat the other tbsp of oil in the same pan.
- Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the garlic and red chili pepper flakes and sauté for one minute.
- Add the cooked sausage, chicken stock, cannellini beans, oregano, and bay leaf & simmer for 15-20 mins.
- Add the spinach and simmer until it wilts, about 1-2 minutes
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice, remove from heat and remove bay leaf.
- Serve with Parmesan to sprinkle on top and serve while hot.
“Cooking Secrets for Men” has recently been listed as one of the Top 30 Men’s Cooking Websites and Blogs on the Internet. You can read that article here and see where we rank for Men’s Cooking Websites.
(Free) Just released – E-Cookbook Vol 3 – Appetizers now available for free download at this link
E-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page. The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 4 – Pasta!, which will be written in English and Italian.
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. And at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com