Zucchini Bread with Applesauce – We are making Zucchini Bread with Mullen’s Applesauce.
Zucchini Bread with Applesauce
I am doing something a little different, I’m going to do some baking. I have said many times, I am not a baker. A good baker follows directions in a recipe. Most baking is a science with precisely measured ingredients. I don’t cook that way, which is why I am not a good baker.
I have always enjoyed good banana bread or zucchini bread. As long as someone else made it. So today, that is going to be me. I am going to bake some Zucchini Bread with Applesauce.
I was approached by Mullen’s Applesauce (https://www.mullenfoods.com/) and asked to try it and prepare some recipes with their applesauce. Jim Mullen, who is a disabled Chicago Police officer decided to make the world a better place by sharing his mother’s applesauce recipe. Their motto is “It really is like apple pie without the crust!”
They sent me two types of applesauce – original and chunky. I’m going to use Mullen’s Chunky Style to make this Zucchini bread with applesauce. It will be an adventure, so let’s see how it goes.
This zucchini bread recipe is a combination of flavors and textures. The result is a moist zucchini bread that is soft, fluffy, and not too dense. It is an easy recipe that results in a moist, and delicious way to have your vegetables.
Should you peel zucchini for Zucchini Bread?
There is no need to peel the zucchini since it melts so nicely into this moist bread. Use the largest shred on a box grater for the zucchini.
You can make smaller loaves by dividing the batter into 2 mini loaf pans and baking for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup Mullen’s applesauce or your favorite type
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini 1 to 2 medium zucchinis
- Serve with cream cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease an 8×4 loaf pan with nonstick baking spray. I’m using 2 mini pans because they will cook quicker
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar.
- Next add the egg, applesauce, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until no large lumps remain (don’t overmix).
- Wrap the shredded zucchini in paper towels and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Add the zucchini to the batter and mix just until it is combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or 30-35 min for mini pans, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the zucchini bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then remove it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and enjoy. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Reheat in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds before serving.
Cooking Secrets for Men
Please “like” our YouTube Videos and follow us on our YouTube Channel. Cooking Secrets For Men is also on other Social Media sites Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
“Cooking Secrets for Men” is listed as one of the Top 30 Men’s Cooking Websites on the Internet. You can read that article here. See where we rank for Men’s Cooking Websites.
If you like this recipe for Zucchini Bread with Applesauce, then you should try our recipe for Blueberry Pie Bars
Unpaid by the following companies
Aloha Honey – https://alohahoney.farm/collections/all-products
Mullen’s Applesauce – www.mullenfoods.com/
Grillaholics – https://www.grillaholics.com/?ref=CSFM20 (Use Discount Code CSFM20 for all products)
Javy Coffee – https://javycoffee.com/collections/javy
ChefsTemp Thermometers – https://www.chefstemp.com/product/finaltouchx10-meat-thermometer/?tw=cookingsecretsformen. The Discount code is in the link.
E-Cookbooks for free Download
(It’s Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 5 – Poultry and Chicken ready to download
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 4 – “Pasta” (written in English and Italian) is now available to download.
(Yes, Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 3 – “Appetizers” now available for free download at this link
(Free) – E-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for free download
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page.
You can submit your special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. It is at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
We are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me. And, send me one of your aprons. I’ll wear it and promote your channel and merchandise.
If you have comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3 thoughts on “Zucchini Bread with Applesauce”
Great applesauce brand – Mullen’s Applesauce
This sounds wonderful! I’m not a baker either, although I can manage quick breads. I just don’t make them any longer, without children in the house!!!
Yeah I’m not much of a baker either Charlie. But I think you made a fantastic job of your zucchini bread with applesauce!