Copycat McDonalds Breakfast Sandwiches – Milwaukee Mayor Johnson Interview – Today we are making Copycat McDonalds Breakfast Sandwiches with the Mayor of Milwaukee, the Hon. Cavalier Johnson. This is in our continuing series “Cooking with Milwaukee Community Leaders”
The Mayor takes care of breakfast in his house most mornings. I did also when my boys were in school. So, I show Mayor Johnson how I made Copycat McDonald’s Breakfast Sandwiches (Egg & Cheese Biscuits and Sausage Egg Biscuits) for my boys. That gives him something tasty to prepare for the family in the mornings.
Copycat McDonalds Breakfast Sandwiches
Sausage, fluffy eggs, and cheese stuffed inside of a biscuit is the perfect morning pick-me-up. Going to McDonald’s and picking one up is always convenient, but it’s much more delicious when you make it at home yourself.
Why Copycat McDonalds Breakfast Sandwiches?
For years, when my now 20-something boys were in grade school. I would struggle with what to serve them for breakfast. Cereal every day doesn’t cut it, and sweets (French Toast, Pop-Tarts, doughnuts, etc.) may be the worst thing to give them before school. Blood sugar would drop and school naps were a result.
So, I decided that McDonald’s Biscuit sandwiches were actually pretty easy to replicate. It became my go-to breakfast recipe before school 1-2 days per week.
Cooking With Milwaukee Community Leaders
I do a short interview with my guest, talk about their work in the community, and then cook something at our condo building. They pick whatever we are going to cook and I act as their sous chef.
You can view the previous Cooking/Interview at the links listed below.
Wendy Baumann (President of WWBIC) Interview – Tuna Bien Masabe Jose Andres Recipe –https://youtu.be/wGn3YclrPds. The recipe article is at https://cookingsecretsformen.com/2022/11/20/tunabienmasabe
Sadhna Lindvall (President of the Shorewood Foundation) Interview – Pastelillos (Dominican empanadas) https://youtu.be/PNxm3O8l4pE. The recipe article is at https://cookingsecretsformen.com/2022/11/28/dominican-empanadas-pastelillos/
Wendell Willis (Former MPS Foundation Exec Director) Interview – Steak Fajitas – Easy Margarita Recipe – https://youtu.be/0G12gTts1Go. The recipe article is https://cookingsecretsformen.com/2022/12/06/steak-fajitas-wendell-willis-interview/
Ricardo Diaz (Former Exec Director of UCC) Interview – Cuban Tostones and Plantains Recipe – https://youtu.be/49u0OR7fa8sThe Recipe article is https://cookingsecretsformen.com/2022/12/21/sweet-plantains-vs-tostones-ricardo-diaz-interview/
- Pillsbury Frozen Grand Buttermilk Biscuits 1 for each sandwich
- 1 tube breakfast sausage cut and formed into patties
- 1 egg beaten for each sandwich
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 slice of American cheese for the egg & cheese Busicuit
- Preheat oven to 375
- Put frozen biscuit(s) on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the biscuit(s) for 20-22 minutes, until golden brown.
- With about 10 minutes left on the biscuits time, cook the sausage patties over medium-high heat, for about 4-5 minutes
- Remove the sausage from the pan and place it on a paper towel to drain.
- Beat eggs (one per ramekin or similarly shaped bowl) to scramble the eggs.
- Season eggs with salt & pepper
- Microwave eggs for 1 minute.
- When the biscuits are finished, assemble the sandwiches
For the Egg & Cheese Biscuit
- Slice the biscuit in half and place the egg on the bottom half of the biscuit and the cheese on the egg. Place the top of the biscuit on the cheese. The cheese will melt between the hot biscuit top and the hot egg.
For the Sausage Egg Biscuit
- Slice the biscuit in half, and place the sausage on the bottom half of the biscuit and the egg on top of the sausage. Place the top of the biscuit on the egg.
Cooking Secrets for Men
If you like this recipe for Copycat McDonald’s Breakfast Sandwiches you should try our recipe for Breakfast Egg Muffins
Unpaid by the following companies
Aloha Honey – https://alohahoney.farm/collections/all-products
Grillaholics – https://www.grillaholics.com/?ref=CSFM20 (Use Discount Code CSFM20 for all products)
Javy Coffee – https://javycoffee.com/collections/javy
ChefsTemp Thermometers – https://www.chefstemp.com/product/finaltouchx10-meat-thermometer/?tw=cookingsecretsformen. The Discount code is in the link.
E-Cookbooks for free Download
(Of course, Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 5 – Poultry and Chicken ready to download
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 4 – “Pasta” (written in English and Italian) is now available to download.
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page.
You can submit your special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. It is at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
We are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me. And, send me one of your aprons. I’ll wear it and promote your channel and merchandise.
If you have comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com