Lemon Orzo Salad with Feta – Simple to prep and very flavorful, this easy Lemon Orzo Salad with Feta is quick to toss together. It is a perfect side dish for any meal. It is loaded with fresh herbs, cucumbers, peppers, and lots of feta. Lemon juice and zest give the salad a fresh flavor for all to enjoy!
Pasta in salads is one of my favorite things. And I am not talking about Italian dressing over pasta with some cheese and veggies.
Why you will love this Lemon Orzo Salad:
- Minimal prep time. In the time it takes you to cook up the orzo, you can have everything chopped and ready to go. Once the orzo is done, it’s a matter of tossing it all in a bowl.
- Loaded with fresh veggies. All the cucumbers and peppers plus fresh basil and parsley.
- Great for meal prepping. If you are a meal prepper, this orzo salad is a perfect option to make early in the week and then enjoy later on. The longer the salad has to sit, the more flavorful it will be!
What is Orzo?
In Italy, orzo is also known as risoni. It’s a form of short-cut pasta, shaped very similarly to rice. Orzo is traditionally made from white flour. In Italian, the word orzo actually means “barley” so it’s not as commonly used there. You find it in soups, pilafs, salads, and more. You can find it in whole grain and gluten-free varieties, but it’s definitely pasta and not a grain like rice!
- While this Lemon Orzo Salad can be eaten freshly tossed, chilling for about 30 minutes will allow the flavors to meld and really soak in. If time allows, try to chill.
- If the salad has been chilling for more than a few hours, add extra olive oil and toss to add back in the moisture that may have been absorbed.
- 2 cups orzo uncooked
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- ½ red onion small diced
- 6 oz. feta cheese crumbled
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- Juice and zest of one lemon about 2 oz
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- salt & pepper
- Cook orzo according to package instructions.
- Chop and prep all veggies.
- When orzo is cooked al dente, Drain the water.
- Add the orzo and all other ingredients (except the honey) into a large bowl.
- Toss the salad well.
- Add more olive oil if desired
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the honey and toss.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- For best results, toss just before serving.
- Add an extra drizzle of olive oil if desired.
- Add some strips of grilled chicken and make this salad a meal
Cooking Secrets for Men
If you like this recipe for Easy Lemon Orzo Salad with Feta, you should try our recipe for South Beach Salmon with Lemony Cream Sauce
Unpaid by the following companies –
Aloha Honey – https://alohahoney.farm/collections/all-products
Paradise Fruit Co – https://www.paradisefruitco.com/paradise-online-store/
Grillaholics – https://www.grillaholics.com/?ref=CSFM20 (Use Discount Code CSFM20 for all products)
Javy Coffee – https://javycoffee.com/collections/javy
ChefsTemp Thermometers – https://www.chefstemp.com/product/finaltouchx10-meat-thermometer/?tw=cookingsecretsformen. The Discount code is in the link.
E-Cookbooks for free Download
(Of course, Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 5 – Poultry and Chicken ready to download
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 4 – “Pasta” (written in English and Italian) is now available to download.
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page.
You can submit your special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. It is at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
We are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me. And, send me one of your aprons. I’ll wear it and promote your channel and merchandise.
If you have comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org