Chicken Thighs with Capers, Lemons, and Olives is a main course dish that is easy to prepare in a single pan. This low-carb recipe is good enough for a special dinner but easy enough for a week-night meal!
Chicken with Lemons Olives Capers
This Chicken with Lemons Olives Capers gets its taste from the briny olives and capers. The charred lemon slices add a bright, smoky flavor that’s really hard to beat. While the chicken thighs might be the center of this one-pan meal, the olives and capers are a great compliment to the dish overall.
Not to be outdone, the lemons create a perfectly fragrant base of caramelized bits to fry the chicken in. And, it’s ready in just about half an hour. This Chicken with Lemons Olives Capers is a wonderful dish.
I use pitted olives because it is so much easier to not have to pit them. And don’t forget to cut your chicken thighs in half!
- 2 lemons sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 1 tbsp
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs each cut in half
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup olives
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add lemon slices and sear until browned, 3-5 min on each side.
- Transfer lemons to a plate.
- Season the thighs with salt & pepper
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the hot pan
- Sear the chicken thighs until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes each side.
- Add the rest of the olive oil to the pan and the minced garlic, and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant, stirring so the garlic doesn’t burn
- Add the green olives, capers and chicken broth.
- Add the reserved chicken and any juices, plus the reserved lemons and their juices
- Cook over high heat until the broth is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and parsley and cook for another minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to plates and spoon the olives, capers, lemons on top.
- Serve with a green salad on the side.
Cooking Secrets for Men
Unpaid by the following companies –
Graeter’s Ice Cream – www.graeters.com
Aloha Honey – https://alohahoney.farm/collections/all-products
Paradise Fruit Co – https://www.paradisefruitco.com/paradise-online-store/
Grillaholics – https://www.grillaholics.com/?ref=CSFM20 (Use Discount Code CSFM20 for all products)
Javy Coffee – https://javycoffee.com/collections/javy
E-Cookbooks for free Download
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 4 – “Pasta” (written in English and Italian) now available to download here
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page. Our next e-Cookbook will be Vol 5 – Chicken & Poultry, and should be out soon!
You can submit your special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. It is at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
We are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me. And, send me one of your aprons. I’ll wear it and promote your channel and merchandise.
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com