Pasta Pomodoro with Shrimp (Shrimp a la Pomodoro), is a quick & easy, light weeknight meal. The pasta finishes cooking in the sauce as does the shrimp.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
This is a recipe re-creation from my friend & fellow blogger Jeanne Jones, out in Colorado. It’s my recipe of Pasta Pomodoro with Shrimp is a take on her recipe for Shrimp a la Pomodoro. Her site is https://ajeanneinthekitchen.com/ .
She has over 8500 followers to her blog, including me. Lots of easy fun recipes, she and I have similar cooking philosophies, less of a slave to a recipe and more cooking by feel and taste.
Check out her blog and follow her if you see something you like. Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/ajeanneinthekitchen
Pasta Pomodoro with Shrimp
This recipe works perfectly for Lent and is a quick & easy, light weeknight meal. This recipe can be made in about 30-40 minutes. Everything finishes cooking in the same pot.
- Two pans – one for the sauce and one for the pasta
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 shallots diced
- ¾ lb Angel Hair Pasta in boiling salted water
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1.5 lbs. raw large shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2 tbsp fresh basil cut in chiffonade
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic Bread
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan
- Sauté the shallots for about 2-3 minutes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- While the shallots sauté, Cook pasta in boiling salted water
- Pasta should be cooked Al Dente. It will finish cooking in the sauce
- Add garlic to the shallots and sauté about 1-2 minutes. Don’t let the garlic burn
- Then add the tomatoes and bring sauce to a boil
- Reduce the heat to a simmer
- add Al dente pasta to pan and fold into the sauce
- add raw shrimp to sauce, cooking them about 2-3 minutes
- top with basil chiffonade and parm cheese
- serve with garlic bread
Cooking Secrets for Men
If you liked our recipe for Pasta Pomodoro with Shrimp, you should read about our Raclette dinner party. Or check out some other pasta recipes like Pasta Puttanesca or Pasta with Sausage and White Beans.
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to publish it and give you the credit. Just go to this link “Submit your own recipes” or at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. Contact me if you are interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration.
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com