Veggie Sandwiches – This post takes me back many years when making veggie sandwiches is something we did for weekend nourishment. At the beach, concert, picnic, or backyard gathering. We show you what goes in a Veggie Sandwich.
Whether you’re vegetarian or not, this Veggie Sandwich is so packed with flavor you won’t even miss the meat! From the onion & salsa cream cheese to the fresh, summer tomatoes and crunchy radishes, plus all the veggies in between you’re going to want this as a regular meal.
This sandwich will also go a long way in helping you meet the daily recommended servings of fruits and vegetables. You’ll get a radish, avocado, cucumber, and tomato in each bite! Healthy eating never tasted so good.
- No special equipment needed
- 2 tbsp Any flavor cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Your favorite salsa
- 1 per person Pita bread or any sort of bread you choose
- 1 Cucumber peeled and cut into rounds
- 1 Tomato sliced medium width
- 2 Radishes thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado tinly sliced
- 2 Green Onion/Scallions cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Red Bell Pepper seeded and cut into strips
- 1 cup cilantro leaves or Basil or Parsley
Make the salsa cream cheese
- Combine 2 tbsp of cream cheese with 2 tbsp of salsa
Prepare the Veggies
- Cut them into bite size portions
- If using pita bread, cut in half
Assemble the Sandwiches
- Spread salsa cream cheese on the inside of the pita (or whatever bread you are using)
- Put veggies into the bread, but don’t overload
- Use your imagination to complete the sandwich with herbs, lettuce, spinach, etc
Cooking Secrets for Men
(Free) Just released – e-Cookbook Vol 3 – Appetizers now available for free download. e-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for download. E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available on the same download page. Also free! The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 4 – Pasta!
If you like this recipe for Veggie Sandwiches, you should try our recipe for Roasted Beet Salad with Feta and Arugula.
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. And at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org