Mango Black Bean Salad – Black beans and mangoes combine with bell pepper, jalapeno peppers and cilantro in this simple vegetarian, vegan, high-protein, and gluten-free bean salad recipe. The flavors are simple yet powerful, and the combination is really tasty.
Mango Black Bean Salad
This salad recipe is vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free. It’s also relatively low fat. With less than 200 calories per serving, this bean salad also qualifies as a low-calorie recipe.
How to Tell if a Mango is Ripe
Most mangoes are easy to tell if they are ripe. Gently squeeze the fruit to judge it’s ripeness. A ripe mango will give slightly, indicating it has soft flesh inside. Use your experience with peaches or avocados, which also become softer as they ripen. Ripe mangos will sometimes have a fruity aroma at their stem. Make sure you use ripe mangos for this Mango Black Bean Salad.
- No special equipment needed
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sweet red orange, or yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups mango peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the black beans, diced bell pepper, green onions, minced jalapeno pepper, and cilantro.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lime juice
- Pour the olive oil and lime juice mixture over the bean mix, and gently toss together until well mixed.
- Once the ingredients are well combined, gently fold in the diced mango.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
(Free) e-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” just released and available for download. e-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available on the same download page. Also free! Volume 3 (Appetizers) will be out soon.
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions” or at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. Contact me if you are interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration.
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org