Mango Black Bean Salad – Black beans and mangoes combine with bell pepper, jalapeno peppers and cilantro in this simple vegetarian, vegan, high-protein, and gluten-free bean salad recipe. The flavors are simple yet powerful, and the combination is really tasty.
Mango Black Bean Salad
This salad recipe is vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free. It’s also relatively low fat. With less than 200 calories per serving, this bean salad also qualifies as a low-calorie recipe.
How to Tell if a Mango is Ripe
Most mangoes are easy to tell if they are ripe. Gently squeeze the fruit to judge it’s ripeness. A ripe mango will give slightly, indicating it has soft flesh inside. Use your experience with peaches or avocados, which also become softer as they ripen. Ripe mangos will sometimes have a fruity aroma at their stem. Make sure you use ripe mangos for this Mango Black Bean Salad.
- No special equipment needed
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sweet red orange, or yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups mango peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the black beans, diced bell pepper, green onions, minced jalapeno pepper, and cilantro.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lime juice
- Pour the olive oil and lime juice mixture over the bean mix, and gently toss together until well mixed.
- Once the ingredients are well combined, gently fold in the diced mango.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cooking Secrets for Men
(Free) e-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” just released and available for download. e-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available on the same download page. Also free! Volume 3 (Appetizers) will be out soon.
If you liked our recipe for Mango Black Bean Salad, you should try our recipe for Instant Pot Beef Stew.
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions” or at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. Contact me if you are interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration.
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org