These simple Keto pork chops are seared on the stovetop and then roasted to perfection in the oven. Following this method, in just about 20 minutes, they come out tender and juicy. A cast-iron skillet is an excellent choice for the recipe, though not required.
Bone-in chops offer the most flavor. Feel free to use boneless in the recipe—just keep in mind that they will take less time to cook. A tangy chili sauce is made during the cooking. Top your pork chop with this Keto-inspired condiment.
Recipe Re-creation with a fellow blogger
This recipe comes from Engulater Chiramba, a food blogger and fellow YouTube chef. She is from Zimbabwe, now living in South Africa. Her site is https://chihuz.wordpress.com/ and we decided to do a collaboration together, each of us recreating a recipe from each other.
She is a wife and a mother who loves to cook, bake and experiment with food. Engulater worked in a restaurant for a couple of years and learned a lot about food. She uses that experience when cooking. Her love of food drove her to start her own website and YouTube channel to share recipes and her cooking with the world.
She started the keto diet and share keto recipes to make life easier for those who are following the diet.
Here are her other Social Media sites. I encourage you to check out her sites and recipes. Give her some online love!!
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/engulater/
So far we have done re-creations from Tom in the UK (http://www.tjrmint.com), Greg in Cincinnati, Rozina in Scotland by way of Iran (https://rozinaspersiankitchen.com/2020/12/08/my-youtube-channle/) and now Engulater in South Africa by way of Zimbabwe.
Cooking Secrets for Men – International style.
- Cast Iron or other oven-safe pan
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 medium star anise crushed
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp lemongrass or 1 stalk of lemongrass
- 1- tbsp fish sauce
- 1- tbsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ tsp soy sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup Chicken stock
- 4 tbsp butter
For chili sauce
- ½ tbsp Sugar-free ketchup
- ¼ tbsp Chili paste
- Season the pork chops with salt & pepper, both sides and place in a re sealable bag.
- Prepare the marinade by adding black pepper, five-spice powder and crushed star anise into the re sealable bag.
- Add the minced garlic, lemongrass, fish sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, then mix well.
- Let marinade 1 hour.
- Bring pork chops to room temperature before cooking
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place an oven safe pan on high heat, and add olive oil
- Cook Pork Chops 2-3 minutes, searing each side
- Remove pan from heat and pour chicken stock into pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the top of each pork chop.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook until pork reaches 140 degrees, about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness.
- When done, allow the pork chops rest for at least 10 minutes, covered, before serving them. The juices will redistribute back into the meat to keep them flavorful, tender and juicy.
- To make the Chili sauce, mix together sugar-free ketchup and chili paste.
- Drizzle chili sauce on top of the pork chops. Serve and enjoy.
Cooking Secrets for Men
(Free) Just released – e-Cookbook Vol 3 – Appetizers now available for free download. e-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for download. E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available on the same download page. Also free! The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 4 – Pasta!
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. And at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com