Banana Spring Rolls – Some of you know that I like to go to restaurants and eat. Ok, maybe not a surprise, but what I do like to do at these restaurants is recreate at home, the dish that I had at the restaurant.
Recently I was in St Petersburg, FL to visit my son Luke. We went to several outstanding restaurants, one of which was a Vietnamese place called “Alesia”
Banana Spring Rolls
As I was reading the menu, a dessert item caught my eye, something called “Banana Spring Rolls” & the description was “Warm banana slices wrapped in a crispy shell, drizzled with honey & sesame seeds, served with French vanilla bean ice cream”.
I wasn’t sure what I wanted for dinner, but I knew right away what I was having for dessert. I asked the chef how the Banana Spring Rolls were made and he gave me the recipe. Not complicated at all.
The one substitution I made for these Banana Spring Rolls was to exchange regular honey with Aloha Honey’s Cacao honey. And we will be using Cincinnati’s own Graeters’s Ice cream, the finest Ice cream in the world, In my opinion.
We are proud that cookingsecrestformen.com has been ranked as one of the Top 30 Men’s Cooking Websites on the Internet. We just moved up to #17, passing Alton Brown of all people. Go Figure.
The Alesia Restaurant
Thanks to The Alesia Restaurant, (7204 Central Avenue, Saint Petersburg, FL – 727-345-9701), for explaining how they make this wonderful dessert. You can find them on the Internet at http://www.alesiarestaurant.com/. Please visit them if you are in the Tampa/St Petersburg area.
Banana Spring Rolls Shout-Out
Shout out to “The Dude” at the Dude’s Kitchen and Grill –
- 1 pastry brush
- 1 pan for frying
- paper towels to absorb the oil from the spring rolls
- 2 ripe bananas
- wonton wrappers, square
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- water or egg for sealing the wrappers
- 2 tbsp honey any variety
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Vanilla Ice Cream served with the Banana Spring Rolls
- Slice ripe bananas, about 1/4 inch thick
- Heat oil in large pan, to medium. (If heat is too high, they will burn)
Assemble Spring Rolls
- Place one slice of banana on each spring roll, in the bottom corner of the wonton wrapper
- Using a pastry brush, moisten the edges of the wrappers with either egg wash or water.
- Fold wrappers over the banana and seal with your fingers
- Place spring rolls in the hot oil, turning every 30 seconds or so to avoid burning.
- Once the spring rolls are lightly browned and slightly crispy, remove from oil and place on a paper towel.
Assemble the dish
- Place one scoop of vanilla ice cream in a small bowl
- Place 3-4 Banana Spring Rolls on a plate
- Drizzle with your choice of honey and top with sesame seeds
Cooking Secrets for Men
If you like this recipe for Banana Spring Rolls, you should try our recipe for Blueberry Pie Bars in Leland Michigan
Unpaid by the following companies –
Graeter’s Ice Cream – www.graeters.com
Aloha Honey – https://alohahoney.farm/collections/all-products
Paradise Fruit Co – https://www.paradisefruitco.com/paradise-online-store/
Grillaholics – https://www.grillaholics.com/?ref=CSFM20 (Use Discount Code CSFM20 for all products)
Javy Coffee – https://javycoffee.com/collections/javy
E-Cookbooks for free Download
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 4 – “Pasta” (written in English and Italian) now available to download here
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page. Our next e-Cookbook will be Vol 5 – Chicken & Poultry, and should be out soon!
You can submit your special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. It is at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
We are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me. And, send me one of your aprons. I’ll wear it and promote your channel and merchandise.
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org