Citrus Chicken Thighs – Here is an easy recipe that works for a weeknight meal or a casual dinner party. The chicken thighs turn out citrusy and tender, with crisp skin. Add in some roasted potatoes and oven-roasted veggies for a full, delicious meal.
No need for basting or broiling. Just place in the oven for an hour at 400 degrees. Perfect, mouthwatering Citrus Chicken Thighs, with a nice herbaceous citrusy taste.
Citrus Chicken Thighs Roasted with Herbs
It’s even better if you let it marinate in the olive oil mixture for an hour or so. Once the Citrus Chicken Thighs have baked, remove the pieces to a serving platter. But, also serve with the orange and lemon slices, as well as the caramelized onions. The sliced fruit is amazingly tender and very edible. The caramelized onions may even be sweeter than the fruit.
- No special equipment needed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 lemons one juiced and one sliced
- 2 oranges one juiced and one sliced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika (not smoked paprika)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs pat dry
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- Several springs fresh thyme
- Several springs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, oregano, basil, thyme, paprika, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
- Arrange slices of lemon, orange and onion on the bottom of a rimmed 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place thighs skin side up and spread them out evenly in the pan, over the citrus and onion slices.
- Pour olive oil mixture all over chicken, turning pieces to coat all sides. (If you marinated the chicken in this mixture, still add it all in).
- Arrange slices of lemon, orange and onion around the chicken.
- Add sprigs of fresh rosemary and thyme on and around the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked-thru and juices run clear at 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken, citrus slices and caramelized onions to a serving platter and garnish with additional chopped fresh herbs, if desired.
Cooking Secrets for Men
If you like this recipe and video for Citrus Chicken Thighs Roasted with Herbs, then you should try our recipe for Broiled Chicken Thighs in 15 Minutes.
(Free) Just released – E-Cookbook Vol 3 – Appetizers now available for free download at this link
E-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page. The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 4 – Pasta!, which will be written in English and Italian.
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. And at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com