Best Shrimp Curry Recipe ever – This simple shrimp curry recipe is easy and quick and there’s plenty of fragrant coconut sauce for the rice! Ready in less than half an hour. This is one of those fast curry recipes.
Shrimp cook very quickly, about 2 minutes when peeled. (Make sure you pop the shrimp tails off before adding to pan.) It’s also fairly healthy. The curry flavor is subtle yet richly flavored and complements shrimp perfectly. It has a very authentic taste, and is a very easy meal to prepare when you are in a hurry.
Quick and Easy Curry Recipe
This shrimp curry is made with coconut milk and fragrant Indian spices, that you can make any day of the week. A typical curry might have a mixture of garlic, shallots, chiles, lime, sugar and ginger. This easier version leaves out the lime and sugar, but benefits from the addition of a couple tablespoons of fish sauce at the end. It is brightly flavored, and so easy to toss together on a weeknight.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1½ pounds medium-to-large shrimp peeled, and tails taken off
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium.
- Add the onion and ginger, sauté for about 5 minutes
- Add Garlic and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring frequently, about one more minute.
- Add the curry and cook, another minute.
- Add the coconut milk, sesame oil and cook on medium-high.
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Add the shrimp, stirring frequently, until the shrimp turn pink.
- Add the Fish Sauce, stir,
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with basmati rice and Naan.
Our e-Cookbook, Vol 1 “Sauces” is free and available to download. You can find it here. Vol 2 “Soups”, should be out soon.
If you liked our recipe for The Best Shrimp Curry Recipe ever, you should try our recipe for Yatimcheh (Little Orphan) a Lamb Meatball & Potato stew
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to publish it and give you the credit. Just go to this link “Submit your own recipes” or at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org