Next in our Meatball Series is a trip to Korea, for some Korean Style BBQ Meatballs. Ground beef, baked with Asian spices and topped with a tangy soy-garlic-ginger glaze, toasted sesame seeds and green onions. Serve over rice for a nice main dish.
Ingredients – Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 green onions, sliced very thinly (White parts only. Use the Green parts for garnish)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- ¾ cup Panko breadcrumbs (or any plain breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean chili paste) or sriracha
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
Garnishes: sliced green onion (green part only) and toasted sesame seeds and steamed white or brown rice, for serving
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all the meatball ingredients and use your hands to mix.
- Shape into little golf-ball and put on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until golden and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Meatballs should be turned once, half way through cooking. They will brown on the bottom.
- While the meatballs cook, combine glaze ingredients in small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes and the glaze is slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and set aside until completely cooled and thickened.
- When meatballs have finished cooking, remove from oven
- Turn broiler on, for final step of cooking
- Brush cooked meatballs with cooled glaze.
- Put baking sheet under broiler and broil glazed meatballs for 30-60 seconds
- Remove meatballs from broiler and brush with more glaze.
- To serve, put meatballs in a bowl of steamed rice and garnish with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Please like and subscribe to my YouTube Channel