Applesauce is the go-to accompaniment for pork chops, pork roast, pork tenderloin, etc. But, with just a little effort, you can raise your cooking game and serve Roasted Fruit instead of applesauce with pork (or even Chicken). It is a simple dish that draws rave reviews from your guests.
Roasted Fruit Recipe Re-Creation
We ran across this dish at the Fitz Restaurant in Milwaukee (https://www.thefitzmke.com/ & #thefitzmke). Pork Chops with Roasted Fruit. Of course, they had me at pork chops, but I was intrigued by the roasting of fruit. It turned out to be a terrific complement to the pork chop. And seemed very simple to copy and make at home. We have served it multiple times over the last few months, and it is always a hit.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4-6)
- 2 Peaches (or Nectarines) – should be close to ripe
- Two Pears – should be close to ripe
- 2 Plums – ripeness less of an issue with plums
- 1 small bag Kumquats, each one cut in half (if you can find them. If not, use dried apricots) [These fruits are as much for color contrast as taste]
- ½ cup currants or golden raisins
- 1 bag frozen pitted cherries
- Optional – any other fruit you like or that are in season
- 1 Tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of Orange Juice
Roasted Fruit Directions
- Frozen cherries need to defrost. This should be done an hour or so before cooking. Do not drain, keep the juice with the cherries.
- Pre-Heat oven to 375.
- Cut the combo of Peaches, Pears, Plums, and other large fruit into bite size pieces. Discard the pits.
- Cut any Kumquats in half. (Dried apricots can stay in one piece).
- Add all of the fruit into a glass baking pan or any oven-proof baking dish or pan.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the fruit and add the OJ. Mix all ingredients together.
- Bake 30-35 minutes uncovered, turning the fruit about half way through.
- Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil.
- Fruit will continue to soften and release their juices, as you continue the meal preparation.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, with your pork or chicken dish.
Cooking Secrets for Men
Please “like” our YouTube Videos and follow us on our YouTube Channel. Cooking Secrets For Men is also on other Social Media sites Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
“Cooking Secrets for Men” has recently been listed as one of the Top 30 Men’s Cooking Websites on the Internet. You can read that article here and see where we rank for Men’s Cooking Websites.
If you like this recipe and video for Roasted Fruit, then you should try our recipe for Green Tomato Soup
(Free) Just released – E-Cookbook Vol 3 – Appetizers now available for free download at this link
E-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for free download
E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page. The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 4 – Pasta!, which will be written in English and Italian.
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. And at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com
4 thoughts on “Roasted Fruit with Pork or Chicken”
This is a new one on me. Love the idea. Plus little kids are more likely to eat this. Will also have to try the Fitz.
I always enjoy pork and roasted fruit. Thanks Charlie for a delicious recipe.
Thanks, Bernadette, for your great support!!