This video will show you how to dice an onion quickly, without making you cry.
Tips to dice an onion without crying
- Make sure you have a well-sharpened knife in order to cut quickly and efficiently.
- A sharp knife will cut cleaner slices and causes less of the onion’s chmeical compound to spread through the air.
- Onions contain a chemical compound that releases into the air and causes our eyes to water.
- Cutting into a chilled onion is known to produce fewer tears than one that’s room temperature.
- Another tip is cut the onions last. You’ll spend less time in the kitchen with the diced onion if you do it last.
Cooking Secrets for Men
(Free) Just released – e-Cookbook Vol 3 – Appetizers now available for free download. e-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for download. E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available on the same download page. Also free! The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 4 – Pasta!
If you liked this article on How to dice an onion, you can look at How to Slice an Avocado for more kitchen tips! More video tips to follow. Hope this one is helpful.
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. And at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org