- 1-2 ripe red tomatoes cored, seeded and roughly cut into chunks
- 1 Anaheim or Italian cubanelle pepper cored, seeded and roughly cut into chunks,
- 1 Red/Green/Yellow or Orange bell pepper cored, seeded and roughly cut into chunks
- 1 Cucumber peeled, seeded and roughly cut into chunks
- 1 Red onion roughly cut into chunks
- 1 Jalapeno pepper seeded and roughly cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped (no need to dice for garnish)
- 1 Large can of Tomato or V8 juice
- 2 tsp red wine or sherry vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 Avocado small dice for garnish
- Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Tabasco or other hot sauce optional
Combine tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, onion and garlic in a blender. Then, blend at high speed until very smooth, about 1 minute.
With the blender motor running, add the vinegar and 2 teaspoons salt.
Slowly drizzle in the olive oil. The mixture will turn bright orange or dark pink and become smooth and emulsified.
Transfer to a large pitcher and chill until very cold, (for example 1-4 hours or overnight).
Before serving the Gazpacho, adjust the seasonings with salt and vinegar.
Garnish as desired and serve chilled.
If soup is very thick, stir in a few tablespoons ice water. A few drops of olive oil on top are a nice touch.
The vegetables should be cut into both large chucks for the blender and some veggies should be cut in a smaller dice for garnish.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 69.2mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.8mg