Tuna Bien Masabe (Jose Andres) – This is the first in a series of interview/cooking segments featuring Community Leaders in Milwaukee, WI.
I am joined by Wendy Baumann. Wendy is the President and Chief Visioning Officer for WWBIC which is The Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation.
The video is a short interview with Wendy about her work at WWBIC and then we are going to cook something. In this case, Wendy will be cooking Tuna Bien Masabe, which is a Jose Andres Recipe.
The idea for this interview/cooking segment comes from the HBOMax TV Show Salena+Chef #selenagomez, where Salena Gomez learns to cook, from world-renowned chefs, like Jose Andres, Marcus Samuelson, and Rachel Ray. Towards the end of each show, they talk about the foundation, charity, or non-profit that the chef is involved with.
My idea is slightly different. I will be interviewing community leaders in the non-profit world here in Milwaukee, discussing their roles in being a difference maker, and then we will cook something (their choice). Wendy is our initial guinea pig. She will be the chef and I will be her sous chef.
Tuna Bien Masabe
This tuna bien recipe is quick and easy. Marinate the Tuna overnight. Assemble the rest of the ingredients.
Pasta, Ricotta, Arugula, and Tuna Bien
Heat some oil in a pan and add the ricotta. Next is the arugula, followed by the pasta. This dish comes together quickly and can be ready in 15 minutes.
- No Special Equipment
Tuna Marinade Ingredients
- 2/3 lb ahi tuna
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1/3 cup Sherry Vinegar
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tbsp Paprika – ideally smoked
- 12 Black Pepper Corns
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
Pasta with Arugula and Ricotta
- 1 lb Pasta
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ½ tbsp Red pepper flakes
- 5 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 12 oz arugula
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan optional
- The day before – Cut your tuna in cubes about 1 inch by 1 inch
- Place in a sealable plastic bag
- Add about 1/3 cup of olive oil and 1/3 cup of the Sherry RED Vinegar
- Add 1 doz. whole pepper corns, 2 tsp smoked paprika, and 2 bay leaves
- Allow to marinate in the refrigerator overnight
Cooking the Tuna
- When ready to cook, drain the tuna marinade
- In a skillet heat the olive oil
- Dust the drained tuna cubes in breadcrumbs
- Fry golden on each side, allowing the tuna to stay moist
- Serve on top of the Pasta & Arugula
Pasta Ricotta Arugula Instructions
- Boil your pasta – according to the package directions
- In a large frying pan heat up olive oil and red pepper flakes
- When warm add ricotta and it will begin to become shiny
- Place half of the arugula on top of the ricotta
- Add the cooked pasta and fold it in with the ricotta
- Add remaining arugula, toss and serve
Cooking Secrets for Men
If you like this recipe for Tuna Bien Masabe, try our recipe for Easy Lemon Orzo Salad with Feta,
Unpaid by the following companies –
Aloha Honey – https://alohahoney.farm/collections/all-products
Paradise Fruit Co – https://www.paradisefruitco.com/paradise-online-store/
Grillaholics – https://www.grillaholics.com/?ref=CSFM20 (Use Discount Code CSFM20 for all products)
Javy Coffee – https://javycoffee.com/collections/javy
ChefsTemp Thermometers – https://www.chefstemp.com/product/finaltouchx10-meat-thermometer/?tw=cookingsecretsformen. The Discount code is in the link.
E-Cookbooks for free Download
(Of course, Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 5 – Poultry and Chicken ready to download
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 4 – “Pasta” (written in English and Italian) is now available to download.
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page.
You can submit your special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. It is at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
We are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me. And, send me one of your aprons. I’ll wear it and promote your channel and merchandise.
If you have comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org