Healthy Salad for Carnivores – Salads aren’t always known for being the most filling meal. However, this salad will help change that stereotype. For healthy eaters, it will make it’s way into your weekly rotation. Thanks to hearty proteins and adding your favorite accompaniments.
Healthy Salad and Protein
Salads are a great way to eat more veggies, but greens alone do not make a satisfying meal. They’ll just leave you feeling hungry. Say goodbye to wimpy greens and “hello” to healthy proteins to power up your healthy salad. Protein-rich foods like chicken, salmon and steak can beef up even the simplest base of leafy greens. Protein helps to build muscles and sticks around long after you’ve eaten to help you feel full and energized.
Quality meets convenience in this easy main dish. This healthy salad fits right into your weekday lineup with minimal effort and maximum flavor. Prewashed greens let you grab a handful and go. Rotisserie chicken is one of your best supermarket allies for fast and fresh weeknight meals.
- No special equipment needed
- 1 bag lettuce any type
- 1 6oz Salmon or Chicken or Steak
- 4 oz Green Beans steamed, then served at room temperature
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes served whole or cut in half
- 1/2 avocado pit removed, sliced uniformly
- matchstick carrots
- Chopped red onion
- chopped bell peppers
- pickled beets
- any other salad accompaniment you desire
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar any type
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional – 1 tsp Dijon mustard or mined garlic
- Cook the protein (Steak, chicken or salmon)
- Let protein rest while salad is prepared
- Place greens on a platter
- Arrange veggies on edge of platter
- Slice avocado in half and remove pit
- Slice avocado and add to veggies on platter
- Slice steak or chicken and place in center of platter
- If serving grilled salmon, place whole in the center of the platter, with the veggies surrounding it.
- Make the dressing, 3-1 oil to vinegar mixture
- To the dressing, add salt & pepper to taste. If using add Dijon mustard or minced garlic to dressing
- Place platter on table and serve with dressing on the side
Cooking Secrets for Men
(Free) e-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” just released and available for download. e-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available on the same download page. Also free! Volume 3 (Appetizers) will be out soon.
If you liked our recipe for Healthy Salad for Carnivores, you should try our recipe for Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Onions.
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to publish it and give you the credit. Just go to this link “Submit your own recipes” or at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. Contact me if you are interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration.
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com