Broiled Tilapia Coconut Curry Sauce for Valentine’s Day 2021. The mild flavor of the Tilapia lets the fragrant flavors in this coconut curry sauce shine. Serve this dish with Basmati Cilantro Lime rice, topped with lime zest and cilantro. The rice will absorb the sauce. And a side of easy-to-prepare green beans.
Broiled Tilapia Coconut Curry
This dish can be ready in 15 minutes. The green beans and the rice will cook in just a couple of minutes. The sauce doesn’t really cook, it just gets warm. You don’t want it to boil. And the fish only takes about 7 minutes to broil. If you do the prep work ahead of time, you can disappear in the kitchen for 10 minutes and return with dinner on the plates.
Cook for someone you love this Valentine’s Day, but don’t spend all day in the kitchen. Try this Broiled Tilapia Coconut Curry recipe instead.
- Sauté Pan
For the Fish & Curry Sauce
- 4 6 ounce tilapia fillets
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
For the Green Beans
- Green Beans, cut into 1½ to 2” pieces. ends trimmed
- Boiling Salted water in a sauté pan
For the Rice
- 1 bag microwave basmati rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ lime zested for rice and same ½ of a lime juiced for rice
- Chopped cilantro for rice
- The other ½ lime cut in 4 wedges
For the Fish
- Preheat broiler.
- Season fish with salt & pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil
- Broil 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Make the Sauce
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add ginger and peppers cook 2 minutes
- Add garlic and green onions; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in curry powder, cumin and brown sugar; cook 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, and coconut milk; bring to a simmer (but do not boil).
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
While the fish is broiling and the sauce simmers –
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water
- Cook for 2-3 minutes in the boiling water
- Drain water and serve hot
For the Rice
- Microwave the rice in the bag for 90 seconds
- Put rice in a bowl.
- Top with the cilantro, lime zest and lime juice.
- Serve fish with sauce, rice, green beans and lime wedges.
- Rice will also absorb the curry sauce from the fish
Cooking Secrets for Men
If you liked our recipe for Broiled Tilapia Coconut Curry, you should try our recipe for Italian Spaghetti Squash Casserole. Or take a look at last year’s Valentine’s Day menu from Cooking Secrets For Men.
For Valentine’s Day, 2022 here is our recipe for Lamb Chops with Roasted Potatoes and Radishes.
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 4 – “Pasta” (written in English and Italian) now available to download here.
(Free) – E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page. The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 5 – Chicken & Poultry, and should be out soon!
You can submit your special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. It is at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
And, send me one of your aprons. I’ll wear it and promote your channel and merchandise.
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com