My son Carlo joins me to cook his favorite recipe, Chicken Thighs in Yogurt.
This is a great recipe for chicken thighs. Greek Yogurt tenderizes meat more effectively than regular marinades. While vinegar or citrus marinades can toughen chicken so it is a little rubbery, yogurt slowly tenderizes them, so the meat can be pulled apart by hand when cooked.
You really only need 15 minutes to see a difference in your chicken, but since it doesn’t make food mushy like other acid-based marinades, you can leave the chicken in the yogurt overnight or up to 24 hours in your fridge.
- 4 bone-in Chicken Thighs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2-3 garlic cloves, roughly minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dill
- Aluminum foil for baking sheet
- Season the thighs with salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, add the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, spices and mix together
- Add chicken to yogurt mix and coat the thighs
- Let the chicken marinate (covered) for anywhere from 15 minutes to overnight in the refrigerator.
- After marinating, Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and place chicken skin side up on foil lined sheet.
- Set timer for 40 minutes
- Check the internal temperature of the thighs at 30 minutes with a meat thermometer. Skin should be brown and crispy.
- Chicken will be cooked thru at 165 degrees. If the temp is not at 165, put back in oven for 5-10 minutes more.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes and serve hot
Visit and “like” our YouTube Videos on our YouTube Channel