These Blueberry Pie Bars are an easy, summer baking concoction, that is a hit at parties and family gatherings. I hope you like butter, sugar, and flour, as well as blueberries. You can get 16 Blueberry Pie Bars out of one pan.
INGREDIENTS – 3 Parts, made separately
Crust and Crumble Topping Ingredients
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sour cream (or plain or vanilla Greek yogurt)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- First, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Secondly, line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil (Lining the pan with foil will make clean up a lot easier)
Make the Crust and Crumble Topping
- In a large bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high.
- Next, Add the sugars and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir to combine. Mix will be a little dry with some larger, crumble pieces.
- Set ¾ cup of the crumble mixture aside for the crumble topping
- Place the rest of the mixture in the foil lined pan, and use a spatula to pack the mixture into an smooth, flat, even crust.
Make the Filling
- In a medium bowl, add the egg, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour to the mixture and whisk to combine.
- Evenly pour filling over the crust and smooth it with a spatula.
Make the Blueberry Layer
- In a bowl, add blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch and toss to combine.
- Evenly distribute blueberry mixture over the filling.
- Sprinkle with the reserved ¾ cup crust mixture over blueberries.
Bake the Bars
- Bake for 60 minutes, when the edges are crispy and there is bubbling in the center.
- Place pan on a wire rack and allow bars to cool for at least an hour or two and then you can slice them.
- If you try to slice bars before they’ve cooled completely, they’ll be extremely messy and could fall apart.
- Finally, pull the foil out of the pan, with the bars on top, and slice into approx. 16 squares
Cooking Secrets for Men
(Free) Just released – e-Cookbook Vol 3 – Appetizers now available for free download. e-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for download. E-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available on the same download page. Also free! The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 4 – Pasta!
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. And at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org