This easy, summer baking concoction is a hit at parties and family gatherings. I hope you like butter, sugar and flour, as well as blueberries.
INGREDIENTS – 3 Parts, made separately
Crust and Crumble Topping
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- pinch of salt, to taste
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sour cream (or plain or vanilla Greek yogurt)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil (Lining the pan with foil will make clean up a lot easier)
Make the Crust and Crumble Topping
- In a large bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high.
- Add the sugars and whisk to combine.
- And the flour, salt, and stir to combine. Mix will be a little dry with some larger, crumble pieces.
- Set ¾ cup of the crumble mixture aside for the crumble topping
- Place the rest of the mixture in the foil lined pan, and use a spatula to pack the mixture into an smooth, flat, even crust.
Make the Filling
- In a medium bowl, add the egg, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour to the mixture and whisk to combine.
- Evenly pour filling over the crust and smooth it with a spatula.
Make the Blueberry Layer
- In a bowl, add blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch and toss to combine.
- Evenly distribute blueberry mixture over the filling.
- Sprinkle with the reserved ¾ cup crust mixture over blueberries.
Bake the Bars
- Bake for 60 minutes, when the edges are crispy and there is bubbling in the center.
- Place pan on a wire rack and allow bars to cool for at least an hour or two before slicing.
- If you try to slice bars before they’ve cooled completely, they’ll be extremely messy and could fall apart.
- Pull the foil out of the pan, with the bars on top, and slice into approx. 16 squares
Visit and “like” our YouTube Videos on our YouTube Channel