We show you how to make Instant Pot Chicken and Risotto. No more standing over a stove stirring and stirring to get creamy risotto! Once you make it in an Instant Pot, you’ll never make it any other way. Boneless chicken thighs help highlight this creamy dish.
- 1 teaspoon each oregano, thyme, and paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, each cut in half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice (Risotto)
- ½ cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Turn on Instant Pot, and select Sauté function
- Cut each chicken thigh in half
- Mix oregano, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add chicken and mix with spices
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in the Instant Pot
- Brown chicken on both sides, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside
- In the Instant Pot, add one tablespoon of butter
- Saute onion and cook until soft about 2 minutes.
- Then add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add one tablespoon of butter in the Instant Pot, (still on saute)
- Add rice, and stir constantly until coated, about 2 minutes.
- Next, pour in wine and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom
- Cook until wine is absorbed about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, and chicken thighs, to the Instant pot and mix well.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Select high pressure, and set timer for 5 minutes.
- Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- After 5 minutes, release pressure the quick-release method
- Unlock and remove the lid.
- Slowly stir in Parmesan cheese into the chicken and risotto.
- Finally, Garnish with chopped parsley, and serve.
Cooking Secrets for Men
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to publish it and give you the credit. Just go to this link “Submit your own recipes” or at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. Contact me if you are interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration.
Comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org