Tuna Tartare – Don’t be afraid to prepare raw fish. Go to a store that carries sushi-grade tuna and work quickly when you are cutting the fish. This recipe is easy and tasty. The Asian flavors of ginger, soy, jalapeno and lime juice accentuate the clean, silky taste of the tuna, and topping with sesame seeds gives a nice crunch and a little texture.
Tuna tartare may look fancy, but it’s one of the easiest dishes you can make at home! Use sushi-grade fresh ahi tuna, then marinate with a mix of soy sauce, ginger, lime juice, and sesame oil. Add white onion for crunch, jalapeño for heat, and plenty of avocado! You will make this light, flavorful tartare again and again!
- No special equipment needed
- 1 lb. sushi-grade tuna
- 1 tsp fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeño chili finely minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Asian sesame oil
- Juice of ½ of a fresh lime
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion or chives
- 2 tsp sesame seeds for garnish
- Cut the tuna into 1/4-inch cubes and place in a bowl.
- Add the ginger, jalapeño, soy sauce, lime juice, and sesame oil and stir gently to combine.
- Top with the chives or green onions
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top
- Serve with crackers
- You can refrigerate before serving, giving the flavors a chance to meld.
- Equally fine to serve right after preparation. Just like sushi.
Cooking Secrets for Men
(Free) e-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” just released and available for download. e-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available on the same download page. Also free! Volume 3 (Appetizers) will be out soon.
If you liked this recipe for Tuna Tartare, try our Grilled Eggplant Dip
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to publish it and give you the credit. Just go to this link “Submit your own recipes” or at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. Contact me if you are interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration.
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com