Breakfast Egg Muffins ready in 2 minutes** (** 2 minutes in the microwave. You would have to actually make these muffins in advance). This recipe for breakfast egg muffins is an easy grab-and-go option for busy mornings. The protein-packed egg muffins are loaded with cheese and veggies for great flavor! To make this a vegetarian meal omit the sausage.
- Egg Beaters or similar easy pour eggs (32oz carton)
- 12 cup non-stick muffin pan & 1 large mixing bowl
- Pam or similar cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped (green, yellow, orange peppers all work well
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms (optional)
- One 16oz bag frozen spinach (thawed and drained of liquid)
- 6 precooked breakfast sausage links (turkey sausage is the healthiest).
- 1 8 oz package of shredded low/reduced fat cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Thaw the frozen spinach. You can put the entire bag in microwave for 2 minutes, then put in a colander and drain as much liquid as possible. Squeeze with your hands as needed
- Cut each pre-cooked sausage link in half lengthwise and chop into small pieces
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium heat
- Add the chopped onions, peppers, and sausage.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the onions begin to sweat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sautéed veggies & sausage, the egg beaters, S&P.
- Add about 1/3 of the cheese in the bowl
- Add the drained spinach and mix thoroughly with a large spoon.
To Make the Muffins
- Spray the muffin tins with Pam or other cooking spray
- Divide the mixture evenly among the cups. Do not fill to the top of the muffin cup. Fill about 2/3 full.
- Using your hand, top each egg muffin with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are set.
- They will puff up while cooking, but deflate as they cool
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Cooked muffins will keep fine for a couple of days in the fridge. After that, freeze them.
- You can get 18 muffins out of a 32 oz Egg beaters carton.
- Use any combination of veggies, cheese and meat products.
- You can always use real eggs and augment with the egg beaters. But since this is “Cooking Secrets for Men”, we’ll stick with the easiest way possible.
- I add chopped garlic sometimes to the veggies, but I add garlic to almost anything.
Cooking Secrets for Men
If you like this Breakfast Muffin recipe and video, try our recipe for Cincinnati Chili
(Free) Just released – E-Cookbook Vol 3 – Appetizers now available for free download at this link
E-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” is available for free download
All of our e-cookbooks are available on our download page. The next e-Cookbook will be Vol 4 – Pasta!
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to recreate it and give you the credit. And make a YouTube Video. Just go to this link “Recipe & YouTube Suggestions”. And at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber.
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. If interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration, please contact me.
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com