Breakfast Egg Muffins ready in 2 minutes** (** 2 minutes in the microwave. You would have to actually make these muffins in advance). This recipe for breakfast egg muffins is an easy grab and go option for busy mornings. The protein packed egg muffins are loaded with cheese and veggies for great flavor! To make this a vegetarian meal omit the sausage.
- Egg Beaters or similar easy pour eggs (32oz carton)
- 12 cup non-stick muffin pan & 1 large mixing bowl
- Pam or similar cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped (green, yellow, orange peppers all work well
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms (optional)
- One 16oz bag frozen spinach (thawed and drained of liquid)
- 6 precooked breakfast sausage links (turkey sausage is the healthiest).
- 1 8 oz package of shredded low/reduced fat cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Thaw the frozen spinach. You can put the entire bag in microwave for 2 minutes, then put in a colander and drain as much liquid as possible. Squeeze with your hands as needed
- Cut each pre-cooked sausage link in half lengthwise and chop into small pieces
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium heat
- Add the chopped onions, peppers, and sausage.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the onions begin to sweat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sautéed veggies & sausage, the egg beaters, S&P.
- Add about 1/3 of the cheese in the bowl
- Add the drained spinach and mix thoroughly with a large spoon.
To Make the Muffins
- Spray the muffin tins with Pam or other cooking spray
- Divide the mixture evenly among the cups. Do not fill to the top of the muffin cup. Fill about 2/3 full.
- Using your hand, top each egg muffin with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are set.
- They will puff up while cooking, but deflate as they cool
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Cooked muffins will keep fine for a couple of days in the fridge. After that, freeze them.
- You can get 18 muffins out of a 32 oz Egg beaters carton.
- Use any combination of veggies, cheese and meat products.
- You can always use real eggs and augment with the egg beaters. But since this is “Cooking Secrets for Men”, we’ll stick with the easiest way possible.
- I add chopped garlic sometimes to the veggies, but I add garlic to almost anything.
Cooking Secrets for Men
(Free) e-Cookbook Series Vol. 2 – “Soups & Stews” just released and available for download. e-Cookbook Vol 1 – “Sauces you’ll use – A lot”, is available on the same download page. Also free! Volume 3 (Appetizers) will be out soon.
If you like this Breakfast Muffin recipe and video, try our recipe for Cincinnati Chili
You can submit your own special recipe to us. We would love to publish it and give you the credit. Just go to this link “Submit your own recipes” or at the top of our home page. Click this link for an example of a Recipe Submission from a Subscriber
And we are always looking to collaborate with other bloggers. Contact me if you are interested in a conversation about some sort of collaboration.
Comments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com